Faculty Online Job Posting
||[FF] Faculty Full-Time
|Hours Per Week:
||Commensurate with Experience
||July 1, 2013
- Teach a full load of courses in Old Testament studies at the masters and doctoral levels.
- Advise and provide mentorship to masters and doctoral students.
- Provide advocacy and leadership in the area of Old Testament studies to the Seminary and the Seventh-day Adventist Church (and beyond).
- Participate in Seminary and University life and responsibilities.
- Carry regular faculty responsibilities related to teaching, service, research and publication, and administration.
- An earned doctoral degree (PhD or ThD) in the area of Old Testament studies, with an emphasis in biblical exegesis preferred.
- Capacity to communicate effectively and dynamically both on a popular and scholarly level.
- Experience in teaching and pastoral ministry in the Adventist Church is expected.
- Record of academic engagement and publications is expected along with a research agenda in the area of expertise.
- An understanding of adult learning practices and how to apply it in the context of theological education.
- Good interpersonal skills; the ability to collaborate well with colleagues; and a disposition conducive to interaction winsomely with students and staff.
- A personal history of healthy human relations, high moral integrity and Christian spiritual maturity.
- A commitment to mentor students.
- Solid support of Seventh-day Adventist beliefs and mission.
Must be a Seventh-day Adventist in good and regular standing.
Berrien Springs, MI 49104-0860
Phone: 269. 471. 3570
Fax: 269. 471. 6293