Faculty Online Job Posting
||Department of Agriculture Chair
||[FA] Faculty Administrator
||Deparment of Agriculture
|Hours Per Week:
||Commensurate with Experience
||July 1, 2013
- The Department of Agriculture at Andrews University in Berrien Springs, Michigan is seeking well qualified individuals to fill the position of Department Chair. The individual hired will be expected to lead in the development of a growing department, serve as visionary in creating a more public image for agriculture education; build on existing strengths while exploring new program options; serve as an advocate for faculty and programs at the college and university levels; teach graduate and undergraduate courses, advise students, engage in research and service, support the University’s agriculture goals in the local community, develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with the management leaders of University’s commercial dairy and farm.
- Doctorate (preferred) or Master’s degree in Agriculture or related degree.
- Demonstrated connection with financially successful industry relating to agriculture.
- Successful department and/or program leadership, strong organizational, mentoring, and interpersonal skills.
- Established university record of scholarly or industrial work; commitment to service and professional development.
- Minimum of three years teaching experience at college level.
- Knowledge and experience with state and NCATE accreditation standards and practices, commitment to quality education for all students.
Must be a Seventh-day Adventist in good and regular standing.
Berrien Springs, MI 49104-0860
Phone: 269. 471. 3570
Fax: 269. 471. 6293