Hourly Online Job Posting
||Assistant Herd Manager, Indiana Academy
||[HF] Hourly Full-Time
|Hours Per Week:
||Commensurate with Experience
||May 1, 2012
- Care for about 500 dairy heifers 5-25 months old which includes feeding, artificial breeding, moving and sorting, cleaning barns and lots, bedding stalls and pens.
- Maintenance and repair of buildings, machinery, and equipment.
- Supervise the activities of varying numbers of academy students.
- Cooperate with scheduling weekend work and vacation time with the other full-time employee and I.A. calendar.
- Associate’s degree or above, and/or 2+ years’ experience working with cattle and machine operation and repair.
- Must have skills in cattle handling, artificial insemination, tractor and skid steer operation and repair, welding.
- Good team player, patient with students, good communicator with co-workers at I.A. and A.U.
- Willing to work outside in sometimes harsh weather conditions, putting the cattle’s health, comfort, and safety first.
- Must be able to perform the essential tasks of the position.
Must be a Seventh-day Adventist in good and regular standing.
Berrien Springs, MI 49104-0860
Phone: 269. 471. 3570
Fax: 269. 471. 6293