Hourly Online Job Posting
||Student Accounts Manager
||[HH] Hourly Half-Time
|Hours Per Week:
||Commensurate with Experience
- Responsible for developing, implementing and follow-up of all financial payment plans for Andrews Academy student accounts.
- Write/implement tuition contracts.
- Responsible for monthly monitoring and collections on all current student accounts.
- Initiates all correspondence and telephone calls for all AA student accounts.
- Send missed payment notices and make phone calls to parents/guardians as needed on a monthly basis.
- Collect on NSF payments.
- Maintains statistics of collections progress, processes and maintains all correspondence and payment agreements.
- Keep detailed records of all communications and payments made to account as agreed.
- Respond to daily emails and phone messages.
- Determine financial need per individual school guidelines and process scholarship packages.
- Process vouchers for tuition adjustments or carrying charges.
- Serve on, provide and process information for the AA financial aid and exceptions committee, PMC aid committee and other local churches.
- Provide, process, and collect all financial aid forms for PMC and other local churches.
- Process pre-registration budgets/financial plan for the next school year during the summer.
- Onsite Financial Registration in the fall, and as new students arrive.
- Explain charges or reversals indicated to students monthly statements as needed.
- Releases transcripts/diploma of current students and graduation clearances.
- Compiles and presents monthly reports for the principal and chair of the Finance Committee.
- Make recommendations on serious delinquent accounts and bring issues to principal and Director of Student Financial Services for the Finance Committee to review.
- Communicate with parent’s regarding committee/principal actions or decisions.
- Must be an active member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in good and regular standing.
- Must have completed a BS or BA, or a minimum of 4 years work experience with accounting/bookkeeping and managing accounts receivables.
- Ability to read, analyze and write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to provide counsel and guidance for families requesting financial assistance.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administration, parents, students and the general public.
- Spanish helpful but not required.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and percentages.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer skills to fulfill the requirements of the job in an effective manner with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Work and Microsoft Excel.
- Must feel and act comfortably and professional with all people who interact with this office: students, parents, faculty, and staff.
- Must have a warm and friendly personality, willing to help “clients” according to their needs.
- Customer service experience required.
- Must be a team player and fit comfortably with the office atmosphere and philosophy of advocacy.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must comply with the stated policies of the North American Division of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, Lake Union Conference, Michigan Conference and Andrews University.
Must be a Seventh-day Adventist in good and regular standing.
Berrien Springs, MI 49104-0860
Phone: 269. 471. 3570
Fax: 269. 471. 6293