Salaried Online Job Posting
||Learning Management Systems Administrator
||[SF] Salaried Full-Time
||School of Distance Education
|Hours Per Week:
||Commensurate with Experience
- The Learning Management Systems Administrator for the School of Distance Education (SDE) will be responsible for technical support of the instructional technology systems (such as the Learning Management System, video hosting solution, etc.) for the SDE. The Learning Management Systems Administrator will report to the Associate Dean for Higher Education.
- Plan, implement, troubleshoot and plan ongoing maintenance of the university Learning Management System (currently Moodle)
Lead efforts to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve LMS-related system issues. Help identify and prevent problems before they occur.
- Build, deploy, and maintain Moodle plug-ins and integrations to meet various instructional needs
- Ensure the Learning Management System (LMS) is correctly configured and administered; verify that data integrity is maintained; and make certain the interfaces with other systems are functional and optimized.
- Support the integration of technology-enabled learning across the enterprise, such as social learning, mobile learning and performance support systems
- Provide and oversee LMS support to faculty and staff
- Work closely with ITS to provide API connections between various instructional systems such as the LMS, wiki solution, media server solutions, and Banner
- Work closely with ITS and IMC to create web solutions and integrations as needed
- Serve on university committees related to the use of instructional technology
- Provide and oversee Help Desk support for problems and issues related to instructional technology systems
- Research and resolve problems, unexpected results or process flaws and recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements
- Keep up-to-date on current developments in instructional technology software and hardware as they relate to higher education
- Attend professional conferences, research new trends, and report back to relevant audiences
- Collaboratively manage the School of Distance Education Higher Education Department student workers
- Experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining applications and systems in high traffic volume web sites
- Experience in administration and management of LAMP environment (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Must have experience working with FTP, SFTP, PHP, HTML5, CSS, Web 2.0 tools
- Knowledge of self-hosting Moodle LMS is preferred. Other LMS experience (such as Desire2Learn) is a plus.
- Absolute dedication to on-going client communication, providing frequent updates on deliverables, milestones, known issues and timelines.
- Excellent verbal skills, strong time management abilities, analytical/problem solving abilities and a passion for customer service.
- Knowledge of web application security considerations
- Experience working with third-party vendors and ability to support/troubleshoot different layers is critical
- Quick learner, specifically as it relates to computers and computer applications
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks with competing priorities in a high pressured results and timeline driven environment
- Minimum Bachelorís degree required
- Knowledge of education field strongly preferred
- Experience in higher education instructional technology technical support preferred
Must be a Seventh-day Adventist in good and regular standing.
Berrien Springs, MI 49104-0860
Phone: 269. 471. 3570
Fax: 269. 471. 6293