Salaried Online Job Posting
||Senior Development Officer
||[SF] Salaried Full-Time
|Hours Per Week:
||Commensurate with Experience
||January 1, 2014
- In conjunction with colleagues in the Development, assists the Vice President for University Advancement in the planning, evaluation and coordination of all university fundraising endeavors.
- Develops, manages, and solicits an active portfolio of 150+ donors and prospective donors.
- Writes proposals, follow-up letters, and introductory letters, and prepares background information and materials for cultivation and solicitation activities.
- Prepares and enters reports of significant donor contact into Banner data system.
- Responsible for donor management in one of the four regions and Michigan as assigned.
- Plans and maintains visiting travel schedule of 10 or more days per month.
- Coordinates and implements donor-related cultivation events.
- Established short and long-term goals for funding sources and enlists support from members of institutionís staff and volunteers.
- Works closely with Advancement colleagues in Alumni, Development, Planned Giving and Trust Services, and Howard Performing Arts Center to fulfill the goals specified in Andrews Universityís Strategic Five Year Plan.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Masterís degree preferred.
- Bachelorís degree required.
- 2-3 years of fundraising experience preferred.
- 5 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
Must be a Seventh-day Adventist in good and regular standing.
Berrien Springs, MI 49104-0860
Phone: 269. 471. 3570
Fax: 269. 471. 6293