Salaried Online Job Posting
||Health Professions Enrollment Coordinator
||[SF] Salaried Full-Time
||School of Health Professions
|Hours Per Week:
||Commensurate with Experience
||July 1, 2013
- To work under the general supervision of the Dean of the School of Health Professions, and also consults closely with the Health Professions department chairs to achieve annual enrollment goals.
- Develop and execute short and long-range recruiting plans for all five health professions departments based on financial, demographic and target market factors
- Manage evaluation/feedback system to monitor recruiting activities
- Oversee and evaluate market research and adjust recruiting strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Organize and participate in college recruitment tours - Adventist, Christian, community college and major transfer schools. This includes a fall tour of all NAD Adventist colleges and selected regional public and private colleges.
- Handle departmental tours with prospective students, advisors, or other interested parties
- Manage prospective students and develop ongoing programs to nurture candidates toward a “qualified applicant” status
- Establish and maintain relationships with health care professions and other key supporters within the community (e.g. Health Science Fair)
- Project a professional image throughout the various recruiting activities
- Maintain an annual calendar of Health Professions recruiting events/activities and travel, along with an ongoing set of data regarding expenses and recruiting data to be shared with each Health Professions department according to a frequency that each department chair finds helpful.
- Establish and maintain relationships with health care professionals, advisors, and other key supporters within the community.
- Maintain regular communication with applicants and accepted students via the calling cue and by running reports.
- Participate in Academy career days and represent any given SHP program as requested.
- Meet with prospective students and their families when they come to visit
- Plan and coordinate the Health Professions Preview collaboratively with Undergraduate and Graduate Enrollment Management
- Coordinate an annual visit day for Christian and community college health professions advisors.
- Any other tasks as requested by the Dean of the School of Health Professions
- Develop a comprehensive annual health careers recruiting budget after consulting with the Dean of the School of Health Professions and the five health professions department chairs and Integrated Marketing & Communication.
- Help manage the approved fiscal activities
- Prepare an annual activity and financial report of recruiting endeavors to the Dean and department chairs
- Provide prospective students and families with financial information including scholarships, grants, loans and payment options and then direct them to the appropriate student financial advisor
- Participate in specific admissions activities as they relate to the needs of the various health professions departments
- Become familiar with various departmental admission requirements and disseminate materials and information to the liaison advisors on other college/university campuses
- Conduct qualified applicant interviews according to the requirements of various professional programs in close consultation with the health professions department chairs
- Share information with various admissions committees and report on applicant interviews
- Attend as many of the various department staff meetings as requested by the department chairs to keep abreast of the many professional and departmental developments
- Actively participate in scheduled Enrollment Management weekly team meetings and monthly joint meeting with Enrollment Management and Student Financial Services
- Assist Graduate Student Coordinator to enroll prospective students and plan associated activities (e.g. welcome programs)Integrated Marketing & Communication will be consulted for the development of marketing plans and resources for the five health professions departments.
- As appropriate, the enrollment coordinator will also collaborate with the five departments and IMC to develop marketing materials that will assist in on the road and campus-based recruiting activities.
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree with at least two years of work experience in student recruitment/ enrollment or related area.
- Exemplify conservative Seventh-day Adventist Christian lifestyle
- Demonstrate a genuine love for and commitment to Andrews University and the quality of its health-related professions
- Manifest leadership and people skills including: conflict resolution and the ability to advise, guide and provide instruction
- Possess self-confidence and a positive attitude with an outgoing personality
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate cooperative team spirit and enjoy working with people both individually and in groups
- Be willing to travel and use personal car when necessary
- Have computer proficiency in word processing, spread sheets, and databases
- Demonstrate fiscal acuity in planning and operating within realistic policies and goals
- Have exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Possess outstanding communication skills, including confidence with public speaking and the written English language
- Proficient in math and data analysis
- Exhibit excellent critical thinking and decision-making abilities
- Must be able to drive and also handle global travel alone
- Must be able to travel on overnight off-campus trips multiple times per year
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds of equipment or contained materials
- Must be to occasionally give extended hours for travel, seasonal work loads and deadlines,
or specific assignments
Must be a Seventh-day Adventist in good and regular standing.
Berrien Springs, MI 49104-0860
Phone: 269. 471. 3570
Fax: 269. 471. 6293