Friday, October 1, 2010

Lake Union Herald: Following the Light

My first encounter with Ray McAllister was via e-mail. I knew he was completely blind so when an e-mail written by Ray and sent by Ray popped into my Inbox, I was a bit surprised. He doesn't even let something like sight keep him from typing a perfectly spelled and grammatically-correct e-mail, I thought to myself. But his typing skills aren't what set Ray apart from his peers. Ray is the first blind student to ever graduate from the Seventh-day Adventist Theological Seminary and, according to the Society of Biblical Literature and National Federation for the Blind, perhaps the first completely blind person to ever tackle a degree so heavily dependent upon biblical languages, including Akkadian, Hebrew, Greek and even Cuneiform. Read full story.

Search

Categories

Have an Announcement?

Please submit information for the Andrews Agenda by visiting the Agenda submissions page and use your Andrews login and password.

To add an event to the AU Online Calendar, visit the Events submissions page and use your Andrews login and password.

Subscribe to the Andrews Agenda Email

If you would like to receive the weekly Andrews Agenda email, send an email to agenda@andrews.edu with "Subscribe" in the subject line.
Andrews University is a Seventh-day Adventist institution of higher education
Phone: 1-800-253-2874     E-mail: enroll@andrews.edu
Copyright © 2011 Andrews University
Berrien Springs, Michigan 49104