Friday, October 1, 2010

Lake Union Herald: Saved for a Purpose

What I remember most about Thanksgiving every year is hearing the shattering of glass and the sound of crunching metal—the sound of change—the sound of a moment that would completely change my life.

They tell me it was a good thing I was asleep. If I had been awake and tensed up, it would have caused devastating damage. Then again, if I had been awake I probably wouldn't have crashed. Still, driving to work early one crisp Sunday morning in November during my senior year at Andrews Academy, I was overcome with sleepiness and dozed off behind the wheel. The impact sent my car rolling several times and snapped my neck, fracturing the fourth and fifth cervical vertebrae. Read full story.

Search

Categories

Have an Announcement?

Please submit information for the Andrews Agenda by visiting the Agenda submissions page and use your Andrews login and password.

To add an event to the AU Online Calendar, visit the Events submissions page and use your Andrews login and password.

Subscribe to the Andrews Agenda Email

If you would like to receive the weekly Andrews Agenda email, send an email to agenda@andrews.edu with "Subscribe" in the subject line.
Andrews University is a Seventh-day Adventist institution of higher education
Phone: 1-800-253-2874     E-mail: enroll@andrews.edu
Copyright © 2011 Andrews University
Berrien Springs, Michigan 49104