Friday, October 14, 2011

Car Crash Claims Life of Esperanza Alvarez-Muniz, Assistant Dean of Women

Funeral Services

Funeral services for Esperanza Alvarez-Muñiz, who was killed last Friday in a car crash, will be held this Sabbath, Oct. 22, at Pioneer Memorial Church. The funeral service will begin at 6 p.m. in the main sanctuary. A visitation will precede the service, starting at 5 p.m., in the PMC foyer. Allred Funeral Home in Berrien Springs is handling arrangements. The service will be streamed live at mms://livestream.andrews.edu/Esperanza starting at 6 p.m.

In lieu of flowers, the family is requesting contributions be made to a memorial fund in honor of Esperanza. Contributions can be made to Andrews University and sent to the attention of the Office of Development, Berrien Springs, MI, 49104-0660. Put "Esperanza Alvarez-Muñiz" in the memo line.
________________________________________________________________________________
Andrews University is mourning the loss of Esperanza Alvarez-Muñiz, assistant dean of women for Lamson Hall and a beloved mentor, friend and colleague to those who knew her.

On Friday, Oct. 14 around 4:30 p.m., Esperanza was driving with her mother, Lidia Duran, to go pick grapes in the countryside. According to the police report, Esperanza was driving east when she failed to yield at the intersection of Dean’s Hill Road and M-140 in Berrien Center. A vehicle traveling south struck on the driver’s side of Esperanza’s car.

Esperanza died at the scene. She was 41-years-old. Her mother, Lidia, received non-life threatening injuries and was taken to a local hospital. The other driver, a 49-year-old Berrien Center resident, was not injured.

Esperanza’s husband, Paul, was in Maryland at the time of the accident. After he and Esperanza’s family were notified, the University immediately released the information to the campus community. Moments after the announcement was sent, Campus Ministry chaplains shared the sad news with the hundreds of students attending Fusion, a campus worship service. Within seconds, dozens of online tributes to Esperanza and messages of comfort and support to Paul and her family were posted to an online message board for Esperanza and flooded Facebook newsfeeds of those in the Andrews community.  

Her Time at Andrews University
While a student at the Seventh-day Adventist Theological Seminary, Esperanza worked as a student dean at Lamson Hall. In 2007, she graduated with her Master of Divinity but there were no positions available locally, so she went to teach in New York City. In 2008, Esperanza married Paul, whom she met while they were both students in the Seminary. That same year, Esperanza received an invitation to return to Lamson Hall as assistant dean of women.

Jennifer Burrill, dean of women at Lamson Hall, describes Dean Muñiz, or “Espi” as she was affectionately called, as “A genuine, compassionate, resilient, strong and courageous woman of God. Her faith was palpable.”

Esperanza often went out of her way to do those little things to show she cared. A tribute posted by a Lamson Hall resident says, “I didn't interact with Dean Muñiz on a regular basis, but she was someone who you could tell loved God very much, and loved taking care of His girls here in Lamson. Just last evening she was walking around [the] third floor writing messages on dry-erase boards hanging on some of the doors. I remember thinking, ‘She must care for us.’”

Grief Support and Pastoral Counseling
Grief support and pastoral counseling will be available in the Living Learning Center and Head Housekeeper's office in Lamson Hall from 7-9 p.m., Saturday, Sunday and Monday, Oct. 15-17. All students, staff and faculty are encouraged to utilize these services if needed.

Additional support services are available 24 hours a day with counselors and campus chaplains. If you need to talk to someone, contact the Lamson Hall desk (471- 3446) and ask for the dean on duty. The dean will connect you with the counseling/pastoral staff on duty.

A memorial has been set-up in the hallway leading from the main Lamson Hall lobby. Strips of paper are available to write a message on and create a paper memory chain. The chain is draped on a wooden cross sitting outside of Dean Muñiz’s office. It will be given to her husband Paul as a keepsake.

Comments

you always be special in my heart epe r.I.p my prayers for lilin,chelo,ignacio,radames,Paul and D~a lidia...
Posted by: Anonymous
12/02/2011 at 6:51 PM
I still remember Mrs. Alvarez-Muniz as my first grade teacher. It may have been a long time ago since now I am a Freshman but she was one of my favorite teachers. All these years, I have never learned more from a teacher than from her. She was very kind, loving, and caring. Today, I still have the worst handwriting but she always complimented me and told me it was beautiful. She had a great sense of humor and was always there everytime a student got hurt and many teachers lack that. I remember I use to call her "Mommy" that year of 2003 & she had the character of a mother. Just last week, I wrote an essay over my favorite teacher and she was on it. Not only she was the best teacher-wise but also her personality was inspiring. I know we'll see her one day later on and we'll reunite, not having to worry something else will happen to anyone. Paul, you may have not met me but I'm very sorry for our loss. We're the ones who come next, she's in somewhere better. Mrs. Alvarez-Muniz, I love you. -Melissa Conde: Bronx-Mahattan SDA School
Posted by: Anonymous
12/01/2011 at 11:34 PM
Paul, my prayers are for you and the family. Your dear wife will be missed. Joyce Askew
Posted by: Anonymous
10/30/2011 at 12:11 AM
We are so saddened by the death of this wonderful lady. Please know our prayers continue for Paul and her family during this very difficult time. -- Elder and Mrs. D. Kent Sharpe, Maryland
Posted by: Anonymous
10/24/2011 at 11:46 PM
To Paul, and the entire Muniz and Alvarez family, our heartfelt sympathies go out to you. My heart ached when I heard the news, too stunned to even speak. I remember Esperanza fondly. We shared a few 9:30 am classes at the seminary and we always sat next to each other. We shared notes, and laughs. She was such a delightful person, and I will miss her smile, her spirit, and her warmth. When I worked as a chaplain at Lamson, it was Espi who helped me to connect with the girls on my floor. And when my husband James and I found out you too were getting married - we were overjoyed for you both, and now we share your pain. But it is a pain with hope attached! Hope which Esperanza embodied. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Jesus is coming again! And it will be a grand reunion with beloved Esperanza! Peace and love, Shawn and James Moss
Posted by: Anonymous
10/22/2011 at 10:02 PM
I do not know her. But my daughter does, marguerite. But it seem as though I should have known her. She seem to have been truly a wonderful, Christ-like person. I watchted the funeral online today as was touched. Barrington brennen, THE BAHAMAS
Posted by: Anonymous
10/22/2011 at 9:30 PM
There are no words that I can share that will take away the pain and the hurt that you may be feeling at this time. I was unable to move when I first received the news and thoughts of Esperanza would not leave my mind. I can only imagine the impact that such news has had on you. Know that you are in my thoughts and are being prayed for. Remember "weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning." Psalms 30:5
Posted by: Anonymous
10/22/2011 at 9:14 PM
Dean Muniz was a loving caring compassionate lady. I will always remember talking to her and her praying for me. She will be missed. My heart goes out to all her family and friends. Nicole Maxwell
Posted by: Anonymous
10/22/2011 at 8:38 PM
Paul, Mentor, Friend, I am very sad today to have received the news in California (from Pastor Miranda) about Esperanza. It's very hard to believe. It seems like yesterday we were all still students at the Seminary. I will be praying for you and your family. Pastor Salvador Garcia and Family
Posted by: Anonymous
10/22/2011 at 12:04 PM
Dear Paul Muniz and the Alvarez Family, Sometimes it is hard to see through our tears. But even when we can't see, God has promised to be there loving us, strengthen us, and giving us what we need to face each day. God will hold you close and see you through, because you are so precious and special to Him. Your dear wife will be greatly missed. We close with hope and prayers. "For the Lord will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not, I will help thee." Isaiah 41:13 Lilly, Oswald and Matthew Williams
Posted by: Anonymous
10/21/2011 at 11:08 PM
Ella era tan especial. Cada vez que interactamos, pensaba "es Dios que me habla por medio de su precencia". Se que el Senor les dara fortaleza en estos momentos. Fuiste muy buen esposo, Paul. Y se que la familia le amaba mucho. El Senor les premiara con su paz!
Posted by: Anonymous
10/21/2011 at 11:01 PM
"When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares". ~ Henri Nouwen, Out of Solitude Paul - We love you. The Lall Family; Darrel, Jessica, Avion & Felicity.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/20/2011 at 4:53 PM
Be strong in the Lord. He won't be long to reunite us with our departed loved ones. The Lord have mercy upon you dear family. Gabasiane and family
Posted by: Anonymous
10/20/2011 at 4:01 PM
May God's comfort and peace be upon you and your family.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/20/2011 at 12:06 PM
courage for the days ahead. and just a call away.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/19/2011 at 9:52 PM
Dear Pr. Paul and family, may the Lord be your comfort. He knows that your heart is aching from sorrow and that is why he is coming soon to end the misery of this world. Hold on! It is going to be soon and you will see her again and will live together forever. Tringo
Posted by: Anonymous
10/19/2011 at 7:52 PM
it is so sad...but God knows the beginning and the end of everybody e Esperenza has completed her journey.Dear Paul have courage in this tough times we shall meet her on that bright morning.life is like a bus journey we alight at different destination but all of us we will comprehend our journey.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/19/2011 at 5:28 PM
Paul- you are in my prayers Jose
Posted by: Anonymous
10/19/2011 at 5:03 PM
To Paul Muniz and family: Words are not enough to express my deepest groans and heartfelt pain at the loss of such a wonderful gem, in the person of Esperanza. She was a friend, a colleague, a prayer warrior, a mentor, a gentle smile, a warm hug, a word of wisdom, and a breath of fresh air. She was a beauty to behold and now we must go on without her. I pray the God of strength and comfort draws near to you during this time of bereavement and may He grant you the peace to know that all is well in the end. It's a difficult pill to swallow, nevertheless we press on with the hope that goes beyond what our eyes can see. My love and prayers are with you! Sabine Rene, MDiv - Class of 2011
Posted by: Anonymous
10/19/2011 at 4:38 PM
Paul, I only talked to Esperanza over the phone during registration times and she was usually calling me about getting one more young lady financially cleared to move into the dorm. I never had the privilege of meeting her in person, but her sweet voice will always be ringing in my ear. God Bless you and the family as you and I prepare to meet her again in that great getting up morning. My prayers are with you and your family. Elynda Bedney, Director, Office of Student Financial Services
Posted by: Anonymous
10/19/2011 at 4:34 PM
May God give you strength to endure the pain. One day we will understand more why this is happening in such a time. You are always in my prayers.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/19/2011 at 4:11 PM
To Paul and the family, God will take care of you! So sad this loss, especially with the love that you have for your wife. It may not make sense now, but one of these days God will fully restore with interest that which you grieve for now.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/19/2011 at 3:50 PM
Dear Paul and members of Esperanza's, We are saddened by your loss. It is also ours. We mourn with you. Stay close to each other and to Christ. Cherish His gift of eternal life.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/19/2011 at 3:33 PM
Brother Paul, There are no human words powerful enough to console anyone in a time like this. Only God's words can do that because He truly understands the pain you are going through at this time. Here are the verses that I have experienced bring most consolation to the human heart: I Thessalonians 4:13-18 13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words. Remain faithful to the end!!!
Posted by: Anonymous
10/19/2011 at 3:32 PM
Paul, I am deeply sorry for your loss. Esperanza was an amazing woman living God's calling in her life. She made a difference in the lives of the students here on campus. She will be greatly missed. I pray everyday that God be with you and your family during this time, and for His soon return, where we will all be together. --Keep Looking Up, Ron Whitehead, Assistant to the President for Spiritual Life
Posted by: Anonymous
10/19/2011 at 09:17 AM
To Paul Muniz and the Alvarez Family, The song says, "Come ye disconsolate, where ever ye languish, come to the Mercy Seat and fervently kneel, here bring your wounded hearts, here tell your anguish Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot Heal." It is with saddened hearts that we received the news last Sabbath of the death of Dean Muniz. I can truly say that she loved her job and did it with genuine love, caring and concern for the girls. I speak of Dean Muniz and her excellence as a Dean from the perspective of parents with a daughter in the Dorm. A daughter that she watched over and formed a good relationship with to the point that I felt really good that Dean Muniz was there. Also from the perspective of a faculty member on campus who attended some meetings with her where caring for students came out. As a campus we watched her brave victory over cancer, and as a Bible believing people we will watch her brave victory over death when the Lord descends in a cloud and the Dead in Chrsit shall rise first, then those who remain will be caught up to meet with them. Out goal as we mourn is to abide in Christ as we remain, so that we can be caught in the clouds with Dean Esperanza Alvarez-Muniz as she - under the voice of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ - comes up in the first resurrection. Until then, let your hearts go on singing; until then with joy carry on; until the day our eyes behold King Jesus, until the day God calls us home. We will continue to pray for you all that the Holy Spirit and Comforter will do the work He was left here to do, the work that we all who have experienced loss know with a certainty that He can do. God bless and take care, Karen and Clifford Allen
Posted by: Anonymous
10/18/2011 at 1:30 PM
Paul, I wish there was a way to truly lift some of the burden of grief from your shoulders. We live in a world where the passage of time coupled with our mortality takes so much from us that is good, pure, and precious. If it were not for the blessed hope of the voice that will one day cry out, "Your dead shall live; their bodies shall rise. You who dwell in the dust, awake and sing for joy! For your dew is a dew of light, and the earth will give birth to the dead. (ESV)" May this promise from Isaiah 26 give you hope. I am with ADRA doing some training today and my thought are much upon you.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/18/2011 at 10:58 AM
Dear Paul and other family members: This is so sad. May God give you grace to go forward. I lost my fiance before our wedding; but I can't imagine what it is like to lose one you have given your life too.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/18/2011 at 08:34 AM
Paul, Lidia, Dilia y toda la familia de Esperanza. Reciban nuestro más profundo sentimiento de condolencias. Oramos que Dios envíe su Santo Espíritu para que fortalezca sus vidas en esta hora de dolor y ayude a recuperar la salud de Lidia. Esperanza fue parte de nuestra congregación antes de ser parte de la gran familia de Andrews University. Ella se bautizó aquí y sirvió en muchas posiciones como miembro de iglesia (Maestra de Niños, Directora Jóvenes, Secretaria de Iglesia etc.) Su trabajo para Dios fue tan grande como lo fue su corazón. Fue un privilegio para nuestra iglesia, tener un ser tan maravilloso como ella. Gran parte de su familia son miembros de nuestra congregación. Hace tres meses Esperanza vino a presentar su sobrinita Liana y predicó el sermón "La Carrera de la Vida" Los jóvenes que eran niños cuando ella era su maestra y líder vinieron a escuharla y se alegraron, este sábado pasado al enterarse de su muerte, vinieron todos y lloraron. Estamos muy tristes, pero también, llenos de esperanza. Ella es bienaventurada (Apoc. 14: 13) Y como Cristo viene pronto, nos volveremos a reunir con ella muy pronto en "La Gran Mañana" Pr. Ephrain Peña Iglesia Adventista del Séptimo Día de Convent New York, NY
Posted by: Anonymous
10/18/2011 at 12:39 AM
For Paul, Lidia, Dilia and the entire family of Esperanza: Please receive our deepest condolences. We pray that God will send his Holy Spirit to strengthen your lives at time of sorrow and help restore the health of Lidia. Esperanza was part of our congregation before becoming part of the great family of Andrews University. She was baptizep in this church and served in many positions as a church member (Sabbath School Teacher, Youth Director, Church Clerk and so on) He service for God was as great as was her heart. It was a privilege for the members of Spanish Convent SDA Church to have had in our midst such a wonderful human being. Many of her family members are part of our congregation. Three months ago Sister Esperanza came to church to present her niece Liana, and preached the sermon "The Race of Life." Young people who were children when she was their teacher and leader came to church and felt happy to hear her preaching. Last Saturday, after knowing about her passing, all came to mourn. We are very sad but also hopeful. She is blessed (Rev 14: 13) As Jesus Christ is coming soon, we will soon meet her on "The Great Morning" day. Pastor Ephrain Pena Spanish Convent Seventh-Day Adventist Church New York, NY
Posted by: Anonymous
10/18/2011 at 12:20 AM
I didn't get to know this lady. But from what I saw of her briefly, and from what I hear from others...I would have loved to know her. To her family: be encouraged! You will all surely see her again! Much love, -a Freshman
Posted by: Anonymous
10/17/2011 at 6:39 PM
Dear brethren in Christ, We received this very sad news and, even some days later, we want share with you our sympathy for what happened last Friday to you. We don't know all the people working in our institutions, but by the testimonies we read, we consider Esperanza like one of us, Of course, you received a lot of words of condolences, and we are sure that Paul received the big hug of the church as well as the whole Andrews University. We would like just to say that also in this part of the world, reading stories on our news releases, we realize how close we are each other. Receive once again our condolences and our sympathy in Jesus from the Euro-Africa Division. And do not forget that Jesus is waiting to bring us home forever. There, no accident will occur anymore and we will live with our beloved for the eternity. May Jesus come back very soon. Please, if possible, share these words to Paul and Lidia, we haven't their emails. Best Christian Regards, For the Euro-Africa Division of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, Corrado Cozzi
Posted by: Anonymous
10/17/2011 at 2:16 PM
So sorry this has happened. My heart goes out to all of you, what a tragic loss to the entire community. May the God of all comfort comfort you as a community, as individuals, and as a family. (Alumni, class of '93, '95)
Posted by: Anonymous
10/17/2011 at 1:23 PM
Dean Muñiz was always the first one I would run to when I had both good or bad news. I loved her so much. I know she is never going to be forgotten by all of us who ever met her. She was just amazing! Paul, may God grant you peace. I know many of us will be praying for all the family's well-being. Sandra Prieto
Posted by: Anonymous
10/17/2011 at 12:27 PM
Paul, I am so sorry to hear of this loss. Esperanza was a very special person. I saw the love of Christ in her eyes everytime we met and spoke. I am praying for you and for her family. Love Nadine
Posted by: Anonymous
10/17/2011 at 09:53 AM
Our prayers are with you Paul & Esparanza's family. Esperanza was a ray of sunshine wherever she went & shared her love of Jesus with everyone she met! Though our hearts are saddened by this loss, we still can be rest assured that the Lord is still in control! Sean & Vern
Posted by: Anonymous
10/17/2011 at 09:47 AM
I didn't know Dean Muniz but she came into my daughter's room to pray for her...that's all I needed to know. Peace and rest for her family and prayers for the healing of her mother.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/17/2011 at 07:24 AM
May God grant this family the peace they need in their time of sorrow. Soon the king will come and end all suffering. Annette Clarke
Posted by: Anonymous
10/17/2011 at 01:30 AM
Brother-Paul, God grant you the peace that passeth all understanding. One day we will surely see her. God find you in faith till then. Victoria from India
Posted by: Anonymous
10/17/2011 at 12:43 AM
For you fought the good fight! Dean Moniz inspired so many of us, students and alumni alike. We mourn her loss today, but we celebrate the hope and the promise that He will take away all the tears, and He hold the keys of death. Sleep and rest for now dear Dean Muniz. Our sweet Jesus is coming again very soon.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/16/2011 at 11:20 PM
Esperanza trusted God, her life was hid in Christ. She was a woman of faith. She trusted God radically.She would be missed. Paul , we are praying for you.Remember Isa 41:10. We will understand why all by and by. God bless
Posted by: Anonymous
10/16/2011 at 9:29 PM
I will miss seeing my dean as I walked by her office everyday. Dean muniz is someone I always expected to see as I passed her office and I always made it a habit to look in as I saw her busily helping students out and working. Dean muniz is a inspiration to all and we all knew for for being kind and helpful. We will all miss Dean muniz and people all over the US that have graduated from Lamson Hall to go move into their own houses will remember Dean muniz and will celebrate her life and contributions and inspiration to all who had the pleasure of knowing her and even those that didn't know her that well like myself will always remember our contact with her and the kindness she showed to everyone. I cannot wait for the chance to see Dean muniz again in heaven and tell her how much she meant to me. And to all of Dean Muniz's family.... I just want to let you know that we all loved her and that she inspired so many people to follow God and that her life was well spent. And I thank the Lord for the chance to have met her.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/16/2011 at 6:17 PM
Pastor Paul & family. As I add my condolences to those of your grieving friends for your tremendous loss, I Also want you to know that you are in my prayers. If there's anything I can do besides praying, please let me know. In the blessed hope. Dr. Hyveth Williams.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/16/2011 at 3:36 PM
As we all grieve the lost of our dear sister, let us remember that every hour and second is pivotal. None know the hour or the time, but we do know that even in this tragic situation God is still in control. My prayers and thoughts to her husband and love ones, let us remember our friend by embracing her work and the countless lives that she touched. The cross gave us victoy over the grave, in a moment and in a twinkling of an eye will all be changed, on that resurrection morning let us greet our dear sister with opening arms, for that day will be a day when will all be changed. Jamel Dorsett
Posted by: Anonymous
10/16/2011 at 2:00 PM
God takes care of everything. You will understand some day.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/16/2011 at 12:34 PM
When I met Dean Muniz on the first day of dorm check -in with my daughter, I remember thinking that if she is an example of the people who would be caring for her then I have no reason to worry. My heart and my tears reach out to the Andrews familly. Joan
Posted by: Anonymous
10/16/2011 at 12:08 PM
Our lives are but fine weavings That God and we prepare, Each life becomes a fabric planned And fashioned in His care. We may not always see just how The weavings intertwine, But we must trust the Master's hand And follow His design, For He can view the pattern Upon the upper side, While we must look from underneath And trust in Him to guide... Sometimes a strand of sorrow Is added to His plan, And though it's difficult for us, We still must understand That it's He who fills the shuttle, It's He who knows what's best, So we must weave in patience And leave to Him the rest... Not till the loom is silent And the shuttles cease to fly Shall God unroll the canvas And explain the reason why --- The dark threads are as needed In the Weaver's skillful hand As the threads of gold and silver In the pattern He has planned. ---Author Unknown Terri Watson
Posted by: Anonymous
10/16/2011 at 11:15 PM
I remember Esperanza well from the Seminary..such a kind , loving , fun and relaxed girl...her energy was really special and I feel really sad to think that she is taken away from those who loved her ....but the thought of all of us being together in eternity is the anchor in this life..without that thought and hope life would be unbearable....my prayers are with all of you..all of you who I have been so blessed by knowing and studying with, xoxoxoxoxo Lalla Laufdal (from Iceland)
Posted by: Anonymous
10/16/2011 at 10:00 AM
Dean Muniz was truly a woman of God. She cared for the ladies of Lamson Hall deeply and she showed through every kind word and gesture. To the family, thank you for sharing such an amazing person with us. May God hold you close at this time.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/16/2011 at 09:20 AM
Marcia Adams-Oliver We'll see you in the Morning! Until then... you will be missed.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/16/2011 at 06:41 AM
It didn't know Dean Muniz very well, but I remember going to see her one day, just before I graduated from Andrews. We sat in her office and talked, about what I can't remember, but afterwards she gave me this big warm hug. That's the last time I saw her. She was a lovely, spiritual, caring woman, and she will be sorely missed. Love, Hermione
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 10:48 PM
Paul que la Paz de Jesus este contigo, y con el resto de tu familia, recuerda que Dios esta contigo en medio de esta TORMENTA, solamente Jesus tiene el PODER para calmar tu TORMENTA, Paul we are praying, so God can give you strength, courage, and peace. Paul may God Bless you, and keep you in His hands. Benavides Family.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 10:44 PM
My heart is very heavy right now. I just found out what happened about 10 min ago. My prayers are with you Paul and the rest of your family. I cannot imagine the loss you are feeling at this time. From our time in seminary, Esperanza has always overflowed with a beautiful, warm, loving, peaceful spirit. I will always remember her beautiful smile and willingness to serve others. This is a difficult time for your family as you are grieving. I'm praying that you will feel the Holy Spirit's strength and healing... Rest now my sister, I look forward to seeing you at the River of Life Sherri Headen
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 10:41 PM
Dear Paul, My family and I are deeply saddened by the news about the death of Esperanza. I am so very sorry. We know this must be very difficult for you. Please remember that you are in our thoughts and our prayers. I know how much you will miss her, but you can take comfort and strength from the time you and her had together. I know the love of our “Father” will get you through this difficult time. I would like to offer my help too in any way possible. May the memories of Esperanza and the love of family surround you and give you strength in the days ahead. It is our prayer that the love of God enfolds you during your difficult times and that He helps you heal with the passage of time. “The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” Psalm 34:18 Sincerely, Mark Tagaloa & Family
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 10:05 PM
Dean Muniz' life surely was not in vain. I am glad God allowed someone so special to impact the lives of so many. May God be with you, Paul and family, and give you the strength as you mourn your loss. May He give you peace and comfort. Know that we are praying for you.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 9:40 PM
"And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labors; and their works do follow them." Revelation 14:13. With deepest sympathy to Dean Esperanza Alvarez-Muniz's family. From Desrene L. Vernon and Family.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 9:12 PM
Dad, I'm sorry about your loss. I met Esperanza one time and she was very nice. I wrote her notes and she would write back to me. She is with Jesus now; and you can still pray to him so you won't feel down. I love you. Love PJ.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 9:00 PM
When, Lord, shall you come? Until then, may You grant us peace and comfort in our greatest times of need. Praying for you, Paul and the lamson ladies.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 7:15 PM
*sigh* Paul and family this must be such a difficult time for you and I'll keep you in my prayers. I know how it feels to have a loved one die. I didn't really know Esperanza but I heard about her from my friend who was struggling with what to do with her future. I thank Esperanza for helping my friend when she needed her to help her. Anytime I hear that someone has passed I try to remember that one day we'll be in heaven and there will be no dying or grief. I pray every night to the Lord that the day will come when we'll all be reunited with our families, neighbors, friends, and everyone else. May Esepranza rest in sleep. Praying for you. ---Anna Kerr---
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 7:12 PM
RIP Dean Muniz. I still can't register this. So unreal to me. My prayers are with her family. - Love, from the Virgin Islands (British & US)
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 7:07 PM
Dearest Andrews University Family: Know that many are in prayer for you and asking that God's presence be immeasurable to you during this time of loss and grief. Although this will be difficult to navigate, I pray that His promises will bring strength while we all await the fulfillment of His words in Revelation - when He will wipe away all tears from our eyes and we will hear Him say, "Behold, I make all things new." Rev. 21 Blessings of comfort, Misty Puymon, WWU Family
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 5:49 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting Dean Muniz when my daughter was taken to the ER several weeks ago. Her initial call was calm and reassuring, and put my fears at rest regarding our daughter's condition. She stayed with Chelsea until we were able to get there and was very kind and gracious to both my husband and I. I know she was just doing her job but the kindness and concern she showed us and our child was such a comfort. Lamson Hall has lost a wonderful caring woman, friend and mentor. We send our prayers for her family and the faculty and students at AU. Cyndie Lake
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 5:20 PM
I am so so sorry to hear of this. I haven't been at Andrews for three years now, but I really loved Dean Muniz. She was a wonderful woman, and she will be missed. We are praying for Paul and the rest of her family. Alaina Elder-Correa
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 5:08 PM
The flow of my tears begin to trickle as I recall Espi's own words in one of my dark moments at Andrews, "...God's purpose and will for our lives always comes wrapped in His never ending love." In the midst of her own life crisis she stopped to encourage me! To Paul and the rest of the family nothing I say can lessen the pain. I just wanted you to know that Espi made a difference in my life. All my love, Simona
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 4:22 PM
We in the Downers Grove, IL church are praying for you Paul, and both of your families. We are saddened to hear of this tragic loss, but know that God works all things to His glory, and one day we'll understand, when we see Him face to face, and become united with our loved ones once again. You have lost a part of your life, but may you see the broad, broad range of family you have in the Adventist churches far and near as the Holy Spirit comforts you at this time.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 4:20 PM
Paul, I am deeply saddened to hear about Esperanza. Please know that I have you and your family in my prayers. Jesus is coming soon and you will soon reunite with her again. Hold on to this promise! I pray you find comfort, strength and peace as Jesus embraces you in this most difficult time.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 3:35 PM
We had prayer for you and your family here in Colorado today. May God give you His constant comfort.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 3:07 PM
Our hearts are sadden and heavy by the tragic lost of our colleague, Dean Muniz. Our thoughts and prayers for God's comforting peace go out to her dear family, to the wonderful ladies in Lamson, to the supporting res hall deans and staff, and to the whole community at Andrews. May you feel the loving arms of God around you, holding you close to His heart at this time of grief and loss. In prayerful thoughts, Residential Life Deans & Staff, La Sierra University
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 2:58 PM
"For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever." 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17. Esperanzita sabes que te queremos mucho. Nos has apoyando siempre y te extrañaremos. Nos veremos en el cielo cuando Cristo venga.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 2:53 PM
Tocaste la vida de mucha gente, Esperanza! Dios se veia presente en tu vida todos los dias y voy a extraniar mucho la sonrisa con la que siempre me saludabas. No puedo creer que estoy escribiendo esto de ti, no puedo creer que no estas mas con nosotros! pero ahora solo esperas el dia en que Dios llame tu nombre y te una nuevamente con tu esposo para que juntos reciban a Dios. Te voy a extraniar mucho! Paul, no tengo palabras para decirte el dolor que tiene mi corazon... todavia no lo puedo creer! Sabe que hay mucha gente orando por ti y listos para apoyarte en este momento tan doloroso. Te queremos mucho! y no te olvides que nuestro Padre esta sufriendo contigo en estos momentos... Lorena Flores
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 1:23 PM
Paul in Isaiah 41:10, 13 it says; “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.” (KJV) 1 Corinthians 15:52 “In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality." Dean Muniz see you on that Great Day! Prayers from Toronto, Canada
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 12:59 PM
Am so shocked and saddened to hear of Esperanza's passing. I had the privilege of working with her in Lamson Hall when we were Dean's Assistants. We shared many longs talks about family and what God was doing in our lives. She was so sweet. Paul, I still remember you and Esperanza starting your relationship and how you would take her into town for groceries and stuff. Even though at that point you were just friends I used to tease her that there had to be more between you two. =) My thoughts and prayers go out to you Paul and to Esperanza's family. "Even so Lord Jesus come..." Camille Brace
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 12:28 PM
Am so shocked and saddened to hear of Esperanza's passing. I had the privilege of working with her in Lamson Hall when we were Dean's Assistants. We shared many longs talks about family and what God was doing in our lives. She was so sweet. Paul, I still remember you and Esperanza starting your relationship and how you would take her into town for groceries and stuff. Even though at that point you were just friends I used to tease her that there had to be more between you two. =) My thoughts and prayers go out to you Paul and to Esperanza's family. "Even so Lord Jesus come..."
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 12:27 PM
Esperanza Alvarez-Muniz was much more than a dean. She was my friend, mentor, and confidant. She was witness to all the ugliness of depression that had ruled my life for so long, and she not only accepted every piece of me, she helped bring me to the light. Her kindness and compassion was evident in everything she did. She listened to me when I needed someone to hear me. She brought me into her house and watched movies with me. She drove me places when I needed an escape. She let me come to RA meetings and never made me feel unwelcome. And when the time came that I needed the hospital, she drove me there, stayed until they made her leave, and came back every time they had visitor hours. When I needed to go home early, she helped arrange everything to go smoothly. At that moment, when I felt like such a failure, she gave me something that will always mean the world to me. She gave me her cancer bear. She told me I was so special that she wanted me to have it. She told me I was a survivor, and that she knew I would be able to overcome anything. Esperanza Alvarez-Muniz saved my life. As I write these words the tears are beginning to blur my vision, but I had to try and let her husband and family know how much she helped me. And I was just one student. I know that she cared just as deeply for each and every student she had. You all are in my prayers. -Katherine Freedman
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 12:16 PM
My heart is heavy since I heard about Esperanza's passing. I didn't know her well, but her and Paul were friends with my husband Blake at AU. Paul, may God hold you right now in this moment of deep sadness, and may He strengthen in you the hope of a day, soon, where there will be no more cry, no more tears and where you will be able to meet your dear wife again. We will keep you in prayer, my friend. (Cristiane and Blake Jones)
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 12:04 PM
As a dean at another adventist university, I have talked to Esperanza on the phone. In my only conversation with her I could hear, through the phone, her smile. I envisioned her to be very caring and lovable. In our only conversation, as we talked about our "packages/mail system" in our residence halls, we laughed a lot and she shared how much she loved being a dean. My prayers are with her family and the Lamson family.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 11:56 PM
The great God of love and comfort hold your family in His great and merciful arms. Kathy Demsky
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 11:47 PM
I am deeply saddened by this ... As an alum of Andrews I remember our many moments in the dorm and her awesome smile ... To husband Paul, I pray that you trust god to wrap you in the comfort of his arms and console you ... She will be forever remembered ... Andrea
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 11:39 PM
Paul, I heard of your wife's death in church today. I did not know her very well having met her once or twice. I know your world has been turned upside down. I am so sorry. We do not understand why these things happen. The enemy hath done this. But some day soon God will do away with death. "Grave where is your victory? Death where is your sting?" Like the old gospel song says, We'll understand it all by and by. Greg Offenback
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 11:36 PM
So sorry for your pain - Praying for you Paul, for Esperanza's mom's healing, and the rest of your family. Where would we be without our hope? Be comforted with that hope. Lean on Jesus more than ever, and allow yourself to just rest in His arms whenever necessary. With love & prayers, The Rands
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 11:29 PM
While I never had the pleasure of meeting your wonderful wife or beloved dean, please know that we down here at Southern Adventist University are praying for you and lifting up all of the Andrews family in our prayers. "Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear." Is. 59:1 He who loved us so much He did not spare His own beloved Son will someday soon raise to life again this beautiful and much loved dean. Looking forward to getting to know her in the earth made new--come soon, Lord Jesus!
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 11:21 PM
Praying for you and your family
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 11:19 PM
She will be greatly missed. Paul, may the Lord bring you peace in the time of unimaginable loss. —Glen Milam
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 10:36 AM
Dear Paul--I am deeply saddened by the news of Esperanza's tragic passing. I cannot even begin to imagine the grief and pain that you are experiencing right now. But Jesus understands and someday He will make things plain and make things right. "Weeping may endure for a night--but joy cometh in the morning". May the hope of that resurrection morning bring you hope and comfort. I had so looked forward to the four of us getting together in Maryland. Now I look forward to the four of us getting together in an even better place! --Lena & Lael Caesar
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 10:28 AM
Before sadness engulfs you, may God's love enfold you! Our prayers are with the family of Dean Muniz and Ladies of Lamson. Deans Marjorie Robinson and Camille Kibler Wade Hall Oakwood University
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 10:28 AM
My prayers are with the family of Dean Muniz and the Ladies of Lamson.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 10:24 AM
As an Andrews alumni (2009) who had the pleasure of living in the girls dorm for a few years, I recall Esperanza being a very Godly, faithful woman who was also very caring to all around. I didn't know her well, but I remember her always saying hello to me as I would pass in the hallways. She also gave faith-filled, God-fearing worship talks. There will be a hole left at Andrews University that only God Himself will be able to fill. Paul, I pray for you and your family. It is such shocking news and hard to comprehend, but the Lord gives us the blessed promise of a hope and a new life to look forward to - you WILL see your wife again. All tears will be wiped away and all the hardships of the world will be gone forever. She was a warrior for God and we have assurance that she is resting in peace and waiting for the soon coming of our Savior. Lord Jesus, come quickly! -Ashley K
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 10:20 AM
May God grant you his peace and wrap His everlasting arms around you. I pray that you find comfort in knowing that she is resting in the bosom of our God and that soon you will see her contagious smile that will never ever be wiped away in that glorious place that He has prepared for us all. Marie
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 10:07 AM
She was such a blessing to Lamson Hall, and as an alumni, I still remember her smile and her peaceful presence. May her family feel God's presence and peace. Isaiah 57: 1-2 always brings me peace in time of death. "The righteous perish, and no one ponders it in his heart; devout men are taken away and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil. Those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death." Jesus come soon. --- Deanna D.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 10:02 AM
Querida familia: Esta noticia ha sido muy fuerte para todos. Esperanza fue como una hermana para mi hija cuando nosotros pasamos por una situacion muy dificil. Paul nuestras oraciones para ti y para tu suegra y todas las hermanas y familiares. Que bonito es saber que la gran esperanza del regreso de Dios nos traera a Esperanza de vuelta para siempre. Gracias a Dios por esta esperanza. No hay palabras para describir el dolor, pero solo Dios da paz al corazon y consuelo. Familia Vargas (Ps. Alex, Nereida, Nerialex y Rossenery)
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 09:28 AM
Paul, we cannot image the scope of your feelings at this in the midst of such a tragic and sudden lost. We are praying for you and the family and know that only God will be able to sustain you in days ahead. The wonderful person your wife was and the difference she made in the life of the students is enormous. We will continue to keep you and the family before our Lord and Saviour. As we mourn with you, we do not morn as those who have no hope. Andrew and Beverly King
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 08:56 AM
Oh what a beautiful life! We will miss Esperanza. We will look forward all the more now to the coming of the Lord. Esperanza toco nuestros corazones al compartir de Jesus en un retiro espiritual para esposas de estudiantes del seminario, disfrutamos de su compania y fuimos muy bendecidas por su dedicacion al Senor. Es con un corazon triste que escribo esto, orando por vos Paul...ya casi estamos en el hogar...Beatriz Velasquez
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 08:43 AM
Paul and Family: To whatever degree we can, we enter into this painful experience of loss with you. The few interactions we've had with Esperanza were exceptionally memorable. In love we are bound to you during this time of grief. We love you and are lifting you and our campus family up in our hearts in prayer as we journey on this painful road together. David and Beverly
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 08:34 AM
Before she was a Dean at Andrews U she was a teacher at Bronx-Manhattan SDA School in the Bronx. She was my son's teacher. We shared so many things that year, the happiness of her nuptials, the sadness of a student's death, the triumph of more than one student, too many things to list...she was an excellent teacher, the consummate professional, never a harsh word was heard from her lips, she imparted not only her knowledge but her kind and Christ like manner to her students and to those she came in contact with. My heart is heavy for her family and for her husband, Paul. She had an infectious smile that will be sorely missed. Rest in peace dear sister until you hear the Lord's voice. Taken too soon! Lydia Morales
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 08:30 AM
Just read the news of the car crash this morning. Ouch! Big time ouch!! It's tough to lose anyone on Andrews campus, and especially hard to lose a dean. Even though I didn't know Dean Muniz, my heart goes out to those who did. She must have been a very loving, personable lady. (Deans are usually like that you know ;-) I bet she was special. My prayers are with the family and all who are mourning her loss. May God simply wrap you up in his loving arms today and in the days to come.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 08:26 AM
I'll never forget the inspirational testimony Paul and Esperanza shared for Seminary Chapel. Paul my brother, my heart ached after hearing the news. Just want you know WE are all lifting you up to Jesus along with families and friends at this very moment. "Many things about tomorrow, I don't seem to understand, but I know Who holds the future and I know Who holds my hand." Love you brother. Robert Taupau
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 07:59 AM
Esperanza was not ashamed to speak about her love for God. She was always willing to serve and praise his name for everything! Thanks to her love for God and for others, she shared the word of God with me and we studied the bible together in Lamson Hall. I remember the first thing I said to her when we studied the bible was that I wouldn't get baptized, and surely we finished steps to Christ and I did. She patiently walked me through the whole process of salvation. She was with me in the baptismal pillar holding my hand. She always made the time for me to study the bible, to chat, write me a letter, to praise God and pray with me. She was the purest and sweetest person I have ever known. I feel blessed and privileged to have had Esperanza as my spiritual mentor and my friend. I will always miss her and I know I will see her again when Christ comes. My prayers are with all of her family! Nancy Q. Rodriguez
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 07:10 AM
Mrs. Esperanza was an amazing person... I didn't know her as well as you all but for the time that I knew her she was an amazing person. Her smile was gentle her entire personality was welcoming. I pray for Paul and her entire family. See you in heaven sister! <3
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 06:55 AM
Pastor Paul Muñiz, my heart sunk in reading about the death of your dear wife. I can not imagine the pain and suffering you are going thru. On the other hand, I just want to let you know that I will be praying for you and your family. I will never forget meeting you and Esperanza in the seminary from 2006-2008 and how God brought you together. Nonetheless, God promises that you be rejoined in His second coming. For that reason stay strong and take courage. May God bless you. Blessings, Pastor José Torres and family
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 06:47 AM
Espi was love. My prayers go out to Paul and her family. Love, Sarita
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 06:22 AM
I meet Esperanza back in 2001 or 2002 when she first came to the seminary. I remember her smile and her great sense of humor. She truly loved God and her fellow brethren. I remember I was having a hard time my senior year at Andrews, I walked into the deans assistant office at Lamson, and poured out my heart to Esperanza... She listened and prayed with me. Although I lost contact with her after graduation, I saw an article about her recently in forum magazine and was happy to hear she won her battle against cancer. But this news truly saddens my heart. My thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Muniz family. "Weeping may endure for a night but, joy cometh in the morning." May God console us all. Josephine Ola (AU 2007)
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 06:19 AM
You will be missed much Esperanza! Those who were privileged to know you will take memory of you until the Day! Paul you are in my prayers... David
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 05:51 AM
Andrews University Current and former students in the United Kingdom shall be lifting up the muniz family and AU family up in prayer this sabbath morning!!
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 04:33 AM
She was a wonderful ray of sunshine, that brightened the day of everyone she knew.. I love & will miss you dearly.. may you rest in peace.. te quiero mucho mi prima querida.. Marky.. :-(
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 03:34 AM
"If I can help somebody as I travel on, then my living will not be in vain." I pray that all who interacted with or even heard about Dean Muniz will allow her influence and Godly character to inspire them to live as she lived, minister as she ministered and make this world a better place. Come Lord Jesus, take us to a place where there will be no more death, neither sorrow nor crying. Hazel D. Riley
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 03:07 AM
Esperanza was my sister, and I thank God for having a sister like her always as a child care and when we greup it was she who brought me to the feet of Jesus I know she at least one star in her crown with me, you were the best I hope your death can unite us all every day more I thanks God for gave you the joy of see me when I was baptized so we'll see when the trumpets sounds at 3:00. onder the tree Your brother that will never forget you. Ignacio
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 03:02 AM
Condolences to the Andrews family, past and present! I trust that you have the blessed hope that one day you will see her again.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 02:56 AM
Esperanza era mi hermana y doy gracias a Dios por haber tenido una hermana como ella desde niña siempre la cuide y fue ella la que me trajo a los pies de Jesus por lo menos se que se gano una estrella en su corona con migo fuiste la mejor espero que tu muerte nos pueda unir a todos cada dia mas que bueno que Dios te dio la dicha de verme cuando me bautizaron asi que nos veremos cuando suenen las trompetas a las 3:00. Tu hermano que nunca te olvidara. Ignacio
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 02:54 AM
i just heard this news and my heart sunk.. Dean Muniz made a strong impression on me with her tender spirit and kindness in the dorm. May God be with her family and friends in this time of incredible loss. wow, life. rest in peace
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 02:34 AM
Dean Muniz was a blessing to this sad world. She was not only loving toward us girls--but you could actually feel how genuinely she cared for each of us. Jesus was her best friend, and I pray that He brings you comfort in your loss. Sending love and prayers to the family.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 02:32 AM
I first met Esperanza in the hallway of Bell Hall. We were both on our way to the AU Bookstore, trying to escape the cold wind and the blowing, drifting snow. Her genuine smile and generous warmth changed the tone of that entire day, and my life is richer for having known her. To her husband Paul, members of the family, and the Lamson family, my prayers are with you. God’s promises are sure: “I will never leave you or forsake you” (Heb 13:5) and “I will come again” (John 14:3). May you find peace and comfort in the sweetest name: Jesus. -- Faith-Ann McGarrell
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 02:20 AM
Our Prayers go to you and your family Paul. So sad such a Great person whom impacted our lives here in NYC. Esperansita was looked up to us by all the youth at Sp. SDA Convent and Before she left to Michigan she was a example showing Gods love through her. All the young adults looked up to her even as she left to begin her career at Andrews. We pray for her mother her husband her siblings and all that knew her and that are taking this difficult news at this time. May she rest in peace until Jesus wakes her up.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 02:01 AM
My prayers and sympathy for Dean Muniz' husband, Paul, and her family, and for all those whose lives she touched. She was caring and concerned as she helped our ladies through life. May God give you all comfort and peace in the knowledge that the opportunity exists to see her again. A thankful parent.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 01:55 AM
When I was a student in the dorm one semester I was feeling lost and unsure of my future. She came in and prayed with me. My heart and prayers goes out to all her close friends and family. She was an amazing women who was a blessing to many young women including myself.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 01:49 AM
Brother Paul! I am sorry for your loss. I can't feel the same pain you are feeling now, but I just want to tell you that I am praying for you and family. I even had my thoughts on you this very same week and I am sure God is going to be closer to you now more than before. Take courage my friend! My heart is sad for you. Joshua 1:9 "...Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Your seminarian friend, Denilson Reis
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 01:09 AM
Dear friend and brother Paul. My wife and I are very saddened by the tragic news about death of your wife Esperanza. Paul, Esperanza was a friend and sister to us and my wife and I came to love her like you. We are praying for you and family to God comfort your hearts and give them peace, hope and comfort their heart. Therefore, we are with you at this sad moment of your life. God comfort your heart. Esperanza was a Christian woman, spiritual, friend and sister. Christ is coming soon and we will see Esperanza again in the kingdom of heaven. Gabriel y Melba.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 01:07 AM
Thoughts, prayers, and remembrances are in abundance as we all mourn the loss of a truly Christ-like woman. Prayers especially for all of her family during this extremely painful time. We love you and miss you so greatly already, Dean Muniz. May you rest in peace until the return of our Savior. ~1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 12:59 AM
As we got to the Lamson Hall leg of registration two arms reached for me, thanking me for leaving my daughter in their care...Dean Muniz wrapped me in one of the warmest hugs and I was comforted and strengthened for the next step. Thanks Dean Muniz! As my mind turned to my daughter tonight with good Sabbath night wishes, I imagined her and her Roommate to be at the Dean's office reciting the memory verse for the week... "She'll call later, I thought" but little did I know what news she would have for me.... May God comfort all the Lamson Hall Ladies, Pastor Muniz and all the family. "Even so, come, Lord Jesus!" Mrs. Brigette Hinds
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 12:59 AM
Paul, LLoro al escribir esto. No conoci mucho a tu esposa, pero si me impacto cuando predico a tu lado en nuestra iglesia un Sabado. Que mujer mas valiente y digna de admiracion. Justo la semana pasada la vi rapidamente mientras pasaba por la universidad y me llene de alegria al verla alli de lejos. Me dule mucho escuchar de su muerte, cuanto lo siento. Estaremos orando por ti y su familia. Angelica Villamizar
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 12:58 AM
Your family will be in my prayers and she will be very missed. She had an amazing smile and she was just an amazing person. God has a plan for everyone. We shouldnt doubt him and things happen for a reason. Dean Muniz was a great example to all of us. She had hope and faith that our God will soon return. May God bring peace and comfort to your family and know that God will never leave your side. She will always be remembered.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 12:36 AM
Paul....Paul know that I am crying with you and believing God with you from Japan. Esperanza was my sister, prayer partner, and she truly was a genuine friend. She leaves a huge legacy and the reminder that we are to live our lives with an eternal focus. Oh how we long for heaven...sending u lots of love and loads of prayers...
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 12:30 AM
Dean Muniz, Sister Esperanza, you will be missed. Pastor Muniz, Brother Paul, our prayer and thoughts are with you. Your wife was such a beatiful person. She had a real smile that said she cared. She was loved. She was a great dean. Jesus is coming and, on that day, we will meet our loved ones with joy and gladness. Today, it is with great sadness that I send this message. Please keep your courage strong. Jeanette Bryson
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 12:17 AM
Dear Paul, Nuestro Dios nos lleva en sus brazos. Sus promesas son verdaderas. La vida eterna nos aguarda. "And many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life..." (Dan 12:2 NAS). Estamos orando por ti. Enrique y Raquel
Posted by: Anonymous
10/15/2011 at 12:06 AM
A Song of Comfort (Spring 94) As you stand amid the raging storm, cold and wet and weary from your travels, as you fall, shivering, weeping, upon the slippery rocks that line your path, afraid to rise lest you feel the wind's wrath once more, As you lie there bruised and torn longing for those days of never-ending sunshine, do not forget these words of truth. For in the midst of life's most furious storms, in the midst of cold and wind and rain, there is a Peace that will never leave. Though clouds may rage and flood your path though no end seems in sight, those darkest clouds can never fully block the light of the Sun. -- Ray McAllister.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/14/2011 at 11:56 PM
Dean Muniz was the only dean that i had interaction in Lamson this news is so sudden. I will always remember your kindness and loving heart. I am sure we will see again and live together when Jesus comes again! Till then, I will live with the loving heart you have given/taught me. I am praying for you Paul and your family. My God be with you
Posted by: Anonymous
10/14/2011 at 11:54 PM
Paul, oh how our hearts ache for you. Esperanza was a shining example of one who truly loved the Lord and lived her faith. Her winning smile and warm heart embraced us all. Both of you have been such an inspiration and encouragement to me. We pray that the God of all Comfort will be your comforter and strength in this very difficult time. Enid and Mike
Posted by: Anonymous
10/14/2011 at 11:49 PM
Paul, I cry. I was always asking about your wife... And now... Paul, you gave me deep encouragement many times. I pray so that You will feel that you are in God's hands right now. There will be day without tears soon. You will meet your lovely wife at the Resurrection Day. What a Hope! (Miroslav)
Posted by: Anonymous
10/14/2011 at 11:34 PM
I worked closely with Dean Muniz last year when I was a desk worker in Lamson Hall. She was so loving, so caring, so compassionate, always wanting to give the girls a second, and a third chance. I still remember how scared I was at the beginning of my second year at Andrews, when I was sick and had to leave school for the semester. My roommate and I went down to Dean Muniz's office to tell her I had to leave, and she was so supportive, encouraging, and she prayed the most powerful prayer for God's Healing in my life. I never will forget it, and the way grasped my hand as she prayed for me. Dean Muniz left a legacy, and she will always be remembered as a beautiful, Godly lady. Dean Muniz allowed the Lord to shine through her and touch lives for Christ. My heart goes out to her family and Lamson Hall in this difficult time.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/14/2011 at 11:29 PM
I still remember meeting Esperanza at the retreat last spring for Benton Harbor Spanish Church. Her message was so spiritual and moving. Such a beautiful, friendly, Christian woman. She will be deeply missed...
Posted by: Anonymous
10/14/2011 at 11:09 PM
I didn't interact with Dean Muniz on a regular basis, but she was someone who you could tell loved God very much, and loved taking care of His girls here in Lamson. Just last evening she was walking around 3rd floor writing messages on dry-erase boards hanging on some of the doors. I remember thinking she must care for us. I'm very sorry for the loss of such a beautiful example of God's love, and I pray for comfort and healing for her family. She will be missed.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/14/2011 at 11:08 PM
My heart and prayers are with the family of our beloved dean! May you feel God very close to you during this time.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/14/2011 at 10:57 PM
So sad....May God grant you a comfort and peace that passes all understanding. Prayers are with you from Bermuda
Posted by: Anonymous
10/14/2011 at 10:56 PM
Paul--if you read this, I am praying for you and your family. My heart aches for you.
Posted by: Anonymous
10/14/2011 at 10:51 PM