Thursday, October 11, 2012

Jump into the United Way Campaign

Dear Colleagues:

As I invite you to "Jump into the United Way Campaign" during this year’s employee campaign, I want you to know that I’m prepared to join you in a literal way. If we reach our goals, my involvement will include my business suit, swim goggles and the Andrews University Pool.

But first, I’d like to share some thoughts about why we support the United Way.

I believe the United Way campaign is one visible and powerful way to provide stewardship and support to our local community. All locally donated funds are distributed locally. So Andrews University can become the light and salt our neighbors need, right here in Southwest Michigan.

Just before this school year began, some of you may have heard our local United Way representative, Susan Matheny, give a presentation on what a significant difference United Way makes to lives throughout our community, even for her on a very personal level. United Way meets the needs of many people in all walks of life.

I invite you to join me and Demetra, as we "Jump into the United Way Campaign." Our campus community has the opportunity to contribute to the most visible local charity outside of our ongoing church efforts. Of course, your participation is completely voluntary.

As I mentioned earlier, I’m prepared to "jump in" quite literally. Here are the goals we’ve set (and my pool-related pledge):

• If Andrews employees double the number of donors over last year (57 of our employees contributed last year), as well as reaching a donation goal of $10,000 by the close of the campaign on November 14, I have promised our campaign manager that I will jump into the Andrews pool in my business suit. I hope you’ll join me as you share financially with this significant local resource

You’ll hear more about our campaign, through the Andrews Agenda and on our flat screen monitors across campus, as we launch on October 17 and continue our campaign through its closure on November 14.

Pledge materials will be in employee campus mail boxes on launch day, October 17. Pledge forms may be returned to Office of the President. The four-digit on-campus zip code is 0670.

Thank you in advance for joining me in supporting the United Way.
Yours for a successful campaign,

Niels-Erik Andreasen
President

Search

Categories

Have an Announcement?

Please submit information for the Andrews Agenda by visiting the Agenda submissions page and use your Andrews login and password.

To add an event to the AU Online Calendar, visit the Events submissions page and use your Andrews login and password.

Subscribe to the Andrews Agenda Email

If you would like to receive the weekly Andrews Agenda email, send an email to agenda@andrews.edu with "Subscribe" in the subject line.
Andrews University is a Seventh-day Adventist institution of higher education
Phone: 1-800-253-2874     E-mail: enroll@andrews.edu
Copyright © 2011 Andrews University
Berrien Springs, Michigan 49104