Friday, March 15, 2013

Passing of Kevin DeLeon, an Andrews Student

Kevin DeLeon, an undergraduate student, was found deceased in his University apartment Wednesday evening, March 13. Funeral services were held on March 17 at the Hinsdale Fil-Am Seventh-day Adventist Church in Hinsdale, Ill. The following is the life sketch of Kevin shared at his funeral.

Kevin DeLeon | 1989-2013

After years of waiting, hoping, and praying, an eight-year old girl named Winnelle received an early ninth birthday gift, a baby brother. At 5:08 p.m., on October 19, 1989, within the walls of Adventist Hinsdale Hospital, Kevin Roy Paulo DeLeon was welcomed into the loving arms of Winnie and Elizabeth DeLeon.

Kevin, or “Kevoy” was named in honor of both his grandparents, Roy and Paulo. Even in his name, he was firmly rooted in his family, a theme that would continue throughout his life. While growing up, Kevin had to overcome many medical obstacles such as severe episodes of asthma and food allergies. As the youngest cousin of both his mother and father’s family, grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins would collectively ensure Kevin was safe. This was a challenge because he experienced allergic reactions to almost anything he ate, touched or breathed.

While he was often sick as a child, Kevin grew up to be a very strong and athletic boy. Reaching Voyager rank, he loved the outdoors since his days as a Pathfinder. He played any sport his hands could find including: baseball, tennis, football, volleyball, hockey, swimming, basketball, snowboarding, and pool. In his later years, he especially enjoyed weightlifting. The child who could be weakened by the air grew into a man of strength able to leg-press almost 700 lbs., squat 300 lbs., and was training to bench-press 300 lbs. so he could join the “300 Club” at the Andrews Men’s Health Club.

Kevin was very musically talented. Throughout his life Kevin used his talents to serve God. Often alongside his cousins, he helped lead in praise songs, performed in musicals, and sang baritone in choir. Additionally, he played trombone, guitar, piano and the drums for fun.

Through the relationship Kevin had with his father and grandfathers, Kevin learned a strong work ethic. Throughout his life he would help his dad by mowing lawns, repairing houses and helping family members whenever in need of heavy lifting. When he was 10, Kevin’s giving spirit and hard-working mentality allowed him to raise the most money for the first Illinois Conference bike-a-thon winning a rare Schwinn bike as first prize. Kevin worked as a golf caddie, physics TA, Citgo cashier and, during his time at Andrews, a greenhouse gardener. He also loved to volunteer at Camp Akita and every summer, he enjoyed working there as a staff member.

Kevin was known for being a happy and fun-loving individual. He could brighten a room with his smile, sense of humor and ability to make people feel happiness with his gentle laugh. Throughout every stage of his life, Kevin’s friends knew him to be humble, genuinely caring and limitlessly forgiving. Kevin gained an exceeding amount of friends throughout his life because behind his brown eyes, there was no judgment, count of wrongdoings, or jealousy. He often called friends for no reason other than to see how they are doing or ask “Is anything wrong? Are you sure?”

Kevin was known for his unique mannerisms and endearing habits. He would try to cover up his smile when he laughed; he would greet his friends with funny sayings from movie lines; and he never failed to say “I love you” at the end of every phone conversation with his mom. He loved his family. His older cousins can tell you that whenever he greeted them by name, it would always be preceded by ‘Ate’ or ‘Kuya,’ a sign of respect. His uncles and aunties knew him to be respectful and considerate while his nieces and nephews knew him to be fun and spontaneous Uncle Kevin. Through all periods of his life he lovingly placed the needs of his friends and family above his own without expecting anything in return.

At the funeral service for Kevin, it was shared that Kevin’s goal of completing his college degree would be fulfilled. “The Andrews University family of faculty, staff and students join you in mourning the loss Kevin. He was your son. He was our student,” said Frances Faehner, vice president for Student Life at Andrews University. She continued, “Kevin was very close to completing his studies at Andrews and was looking forward to graduating this year. Therefore the university has determined to confer his degree posthumously during our May 5, 2013 graduation. On that day he and you will have reached the first goal in his adult life: a college degree. The next goal for Kevin will reunite him with his family on the resurrection morning.”

Kevin touched all the hearts and lives of those he came in contact with. He lived his life with humility, forgiveness and love. In his short life, he brought joy to who ever he could. We will earnestly wait for the day when we can see his smiling face, hear his gentle laugh, and hold our Kevin in God’s kingdom.

If you wish to leave comments or words of support for the family, please leave a comment below.

Comments

My daughter knew Kevin from Camp Akita and we all send you our condolences. May God comfort you at this time.
Posted by: Anonymous
04/11/2013 at 12:09 AM
Thoughts and prayers go out to Kevin's family. It is never easy to lose a loved one and it is extremely difficult at this time when Kevin was so young and life looked so promising. We can only let God hold us and shed our tears as Jesus puts His arms around us. Maranatha!
Posted by: Anonymous
03/29/2013 at 10:00 PM
Dear Deleon Family - I've never met you or Kevin but his story has touched me deeply and as a mother, I cannot help but grieve for your great loss. I am so thankful for the blessed hope of Jesus' return! May you feel God's loving arms around you until that beautiful day when you will see Kevin's smiling face again!
Posted by: Anonymous
03/22/2013 at 7:17 PM
Dear DeLeon Family, My heart aches for you. God will carry you through this difficult time. May you feel His presence and know that He cares. Time will bring healing, but memories are forever. May God grant you the peace that passeth all understanding. Be faithful until that great day! When you will meet Kevin again and be with Jesus forever. In His Care, Lilly Williams
Posted by: Anonymous
03/21/2013 at 4:39 PM
Embeth and Winnie, I was shocked to hear about Kevin's demise. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the rest of your extended families during this difficult time. The Lord cries with you and puts His loving arms around you. You will see Kevin again in that Great Resurrection morning. Love, Danny and Ophelia Barizo
Posted by: Anonymous
03/21/2013 at 12:11 PM
Your family is and has been in my prayers.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/20/2013 at 5:19 PM
Prayer for all that are grieving from Kevin's passing. Even so Lord Jesus quickly come!
Posted by: Anonymous
03/20/2013 at 1:40 PM
He is missed and not forgotten. Pain heals, but loss is remembered. Jesus cries with you.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/20/2013 at 12:55 AM
I miss you so much Kuya Kevin. Till we meet again.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/19/2013 at 3:08 PM
i am terribly sorry for your loss, you will all be in our prayers. MAY YOU FEEL GODS PRESENCE AND COMFORT IN THIS DIFFICULT TIME.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/18/2013 at 2:37 PM
Elizabeth, Winnie, Winnelle: My deepest heartfelt prayers are being offered as you cope with this tragedy. Always remember "We have this hope". Dear Jesus, come soon.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/18/2013 at 12:44 PM
There is a land that is fairer than the one here. And by FAITH we can see it afar. Jesus has prepared all of us a dwelling place there and soon if we remain faithful will see each other again in the sweet by and by. This world is out of order. Parents are supposed to leave here first but hold on and Jesus will fix it for good. He promises it! My prayers are with all of the connecting friends and family.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/18/2013 at 08:01 AM
Dear Elizabeth, We never had the joy of getting to know Kevin, but we can tell from other's comments that he was wonderful. But we know and care about you, and want you to know how absolutely terrible we feel for you. We wish we could make this terrible pain go away, but the best we can do is pray, lots! And we will. May God just wrap you in His arms and hold you tight. Sending a giant hug your way, John & Rochelle Stanton
Posted by: Anonymous
03/17/2013 at 11:46 PM
Dearest DeLeon family! I really feel your pain with the loss of Kevin.I'm prayng for you all,Keep hope alive! Jesus will see you through
Posted by: Anonymous
03/17/2013 at 5:15 PM
Our deepest sympathy to the De Leon family. May God give you all the strength and peace, that He alone can give at this difficult time of loss.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/17/2013 at 1:19 PM
To the DeLeon Family :: I am saddened to hear of your loss. There are never any words that could bring comfort to an aching heart, but I pray the Spirit of the Lord brings you eventual strength and peace as your mourn. Please know that there are many of us who are praying for you and are keeping you close in thought. Godspeeed ~ Beverly Regoso-Corpus [Toronto, Canada]
Posted by: Anonymous
03/17/2013 at 12:01 AM
MAY THE LORD OUR GOD GRANT HIM ETERNAL PEACE. TO THE FAMILY, MAY GOD GRANT YOU HIS STRENGTH AS YOU GO THROUGH THIS PAINFUL MOMENTS.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/16/2013 at 10:31 PM
"All I have needed Thy hand hath provided. Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord into me." May the words of this hymn be a reality for you. Esther R. Knott, Pastor Pioneer Memorial Church/Andrews University and NAD Ministerial Department
Posted by: Anonymous
03/16/2013 at 08:44 AM
My heart breaks, I know everyone is feeling this deeply and terribly because Kevin was so loved, and the youngest cousin. Auntie Embeth, Uncle Winnie, Winnelle, and the rest of the DeLeon clan: God is with you all. We lift you up to the One that promised to wipe all tears away and be with us always. Kevin, it seems like just yesterday you were a little boy, running around Fil-am church with your cousins and barkada. We can't make it Sunday but are with you in spirit. May you rest in peace until that blessed day finally comes when we will be reunited with our loved ones whom we have lost in this life. ~ Rachel, Sean, Pierre, & Annabelle Sinnett
Posted by: Anonymous
03/16/2013 at 08:43 AM
Winnie, Elizabth, Winnelle, and all of Kevin's Family and Friends - My heart breaks and aches with sadness for each of you. How i wish this were juat a nightmare to awaken from to find it was only a bad dream! I'm praying that God will hold you in His arms of love close to His heart and give you comfort as only He can give. Kevin had a good heart filled with love from Jesus. He always had a smile on his face, an encouraging word on his lips, and a helping hand to lend to anyone in need. You and everyone who loved him will miss him. May God dry your tears and mine as we all grieve his loss. Resurrection Day isn't far away and we will see Kevin again and all our tears will be wiped away forever! Hold onto Jesus; trust Him! He loves Kevin even more than you do. He knows his heart. Jesus is coming soon to reunite us with our sleeping family members, gather His children and take us all home where we will never say good-bye again. Our prayers are with you! Dale and Carol Barnhurst
Posted by: Anonymous
03/16/2013 at 4:35 PM
Winnie, Elizabeth and all the family - June and I are so sad to hear of your loss. I wish so we could be there Sunday - we were just at Fil Am last Sabbath. When I was a boy growing up one of my favorite songs had these lyrics: "In the sweet by and by, I'll ask the questions, and He'll tell me why". No answers are complete now...but when Jesus hugs you and Kevin tightly, the answers will come. May God hold you close now, and give you courage and strength for your months to come. We are praying so for you. Ken
Posted by: Anonymous
03/16/2013 at 12:03 AM
Kevin you'll be missed. Godspeed.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 11:50 PM
My Prayers are with you during this very difficult time. I enjoyed seeing Kevin again after his leaving HAA and my coming to work at AU. He would often stop by to say hello and visit between classes or even if he was in a hurry he would at least smile and wave. I look forward to visiting with him again in heaven. Jan Pickett
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 11:27 PM
Myself and several of my friends are distraught to hear about Kevin. It pains me deeply that I will never see him again in this life. I cannot imagine the heartbreak of those who truly knew him. May we all make the most of each precious moment that we have to spend with each dear soul with whom we come in contact. Megan Walsh
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 9:54 PM
When I met Kevin we had an management class together, he was always very cool and ready to go back to sleep LOL. You were always someone who I could get a quick smile from...really sad that I haven't seen you in a while but glad I got to know you when I did...sleep well brother love ya Jocie
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 9:39 PM
There is mercy, grace and peace in the arms of Jesus
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 9:20 PM
I cannot image what you are going through this moment. I cannot imagine your pain. May God's strongstrong presence be with you.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 8:58 PM
My condolences and our Father God and our Lord Jesus gives you, DeLeon family all the strength through this hard time...
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 6:43 PM
I pray that God's comforting Spirit is felt nearer than ever by your family during this time of profound sorrow. Until the Day when "death shall die", may His promise in Isaiah 57:1, 2 embrace you. Even so come quickly, Lord Jesus. Margaret Michel ("Chaplain Marge", R.E.A.L. Institute)
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 6:17 PM
To Kevin's family: You are in our prayers. Please accept our sincere condolence. "God cares, cares right down to the last details" (James 5:11).
Posted by:
Joel Raveloharimisy

03/15/2013 at 5:11 PM
My heart breaks for you. Wishing there was a way to take away the pain that we experience. Praying that the day when God will wipe away our tears comes quickly. Soon and very soon we are going to see the King. Michelle Weikum, teacher at HAA 2006-2009.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 3:17 PM
Rest in peace my loving friend. My prayers go out to the DeLeon family in this time of grief. Psalm 71:20-21 Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again. Psalm 34:18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 2:24 PM
Dear DeLeon Family, accept my condolences. I know that no words can comfort you at this particular time. But I believe that our God will be with you and will comfort and support you throughout this grieving period. We are all shocked by the news of Kevin's sudden death and know what you as parents are going through. May the Lord wrap you all in His bosom. We have the hope of meeting with him when Jesus comes.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 1:51 PM
My heart goes out to you for I know what it means to lose a loved one. I pray for God to be especially close to you. Let his love cover you during this time of sorrow. Our consolation is that Jesus is coming soon, and there will be no death or sorrow. But in the meantime I pray that God will be your comfort and strength. v
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 1:32 PM
At this sad moments, we remember your family in our prayers. May the spirit of the Lord comfort you. Deborah Omagwa
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 1:18 PM
My Dearest De Leon family, I'm so deeply grief for this sudden tragic. You guys are practically like my own family. The time I spent in Saipan with your daughter, as a missionary, was unforgettable. It was there that I develop a love and respect for you and your son through eyes of your precious daughter. Immediately after our return to the states, you took me in and accepted me into your family just as I am. No questions asked!!! I can’t count the many times you opened the doors to your house during my spring breaks at SWAU and allowed me to stay in your house. It was there that I shared good times with my big sister and little brother Kevin. Those were my favorite memories of college. My little brother Kevin meant so much to me. His innocence, kind heart, and Christ-like spirit will always be engrained in my heart. May God’s peace bring you comfort during this difficult time. I can't wait for God's second coming where I will see my loving brother and where we will never get to say goodbye. I will be praying for you. Love, Yeneer Merino-Oruru De Leon
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 1:08 PM
I just want to say that I'm praying for your family, is impossible to imagine how bad it is the situation in this moment, but I do know that God knows because He lost his son once and His promise is He will gave your son a new life and all of you will be together forever again. May God be with all your family at this moment of your lifes. I'm praying for your family. Rozenia Marinho
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 12:59 PM
Dear DeLeon Family--I did not know Kevin, but my heart aches for your family. It is so moving to see how he has touched the lives of those who knew him here at Andrews and elsewhere. He will be missed. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers during this sad time. God be with you--Beverly Brown, Andrews University, Office of Human Resources.
Posted by:
Beverly A Brown

03/15/2013 at 12:45 PM
To the DeLeon family, I only met Kevin once, but he had a great smile and his good-natured character was evident. As an instructor here at Andrews, I know that some of my students were friends with Kevin, and are terribly sad and grieve along with you, and will miss Kevin dearly. They were so upset they could not attend class. As a parent myself I send you my heartfelt condolences and cannot imagine the shock and pain you feel right now. But I do know that because of Jesus we have a hope that can help carry us through, and we are praying for you, your family and Kevin's friends that are hurting right now. May the God of Mercy and Peace give you comfort in your time of loss. Sincerely, Timothy Newkirk, Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences, Andrews University.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 12:07 PM
I can't even imagine the pain that you must be feeling right now with the loss of a child, brother, cousin, uncle, nephew. My heart hurts for you. But the one that knows exactly what you are going through is the one that can give you peach beyond all understanding. Hold onto Him tight as he holds you in his arms, in the days ahead. Prayers will continue to be sent heavenward as you go through the grieving process in the days ahead.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 12:04 PM
As Kevin's family I know you know how special he was to everyone, I didn't know him that well but I remember him working at camp Akita while I was a camper and he always had a smile on his face. I know what you're going through, I recently lost a loved one myself and it's awful. I'm praying for you all, and mourning with you in this time of sorrow. We all wish it could be different. :'( - Joelle Arner
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 11:58 PM
I am so sorry to hear of Kevin's passing. May you feel the loving arms of Jesus wrapping around you and comfort you in this time of loss. --Katy Wolfer, Center for Adventist Research, James White Library.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 11:51 PM
Dear DeLeon familiy, as one of Kevin's teacher, I would like to express my deepest sympathy. God understands your sorrow, He did gave His Son, Jesus, to die for all of us. My prayer is that you will lean on Him and allow Him to comfort you. LeRoy Ruhupatty, Schoold of Business Administration - Andrews University.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 11:42 PM
"For this I am sure: that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come -- not height, nor death, nor any creatures, shall separate us from the love of God!" -- lyrics from "He Loved Me," also taken from Romans 8:38-39 Love, The Wongs (Nelson, Nercy, Celeste, Vanessa & Seth)
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 11:35 PM
My prayer this morning is that Kevin's mom and family will feel the tender holding in the arms of Jesus. He promises to hold us and shield us - claim those promises in these dark days until we see our dear Jesus face to face! Another mom grieving with you!
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 11:35 PM
Praying for your family, that God will bless you with the assurance of His presence to hold and carry you all through this time.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 11:35 PM
My heart felt prayers are being extended to the DeLeon Family. My prayer is that God will comfort and strengthen you during this time of bereavement. Blessings, ~Tiffani E. Sommerville
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 11:32 PM
We all will miss you Kevin!! Rest in peace brother. Prayers to the DeLeon family!
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 11:25 PM
Thank you for sharing Kevin with us. As a co-sponsor of the Andrews Filipino International Association, we as a group have been praying for your family. Kevin was an active member, and was always willing to help in our events from the start of his freshman year. Anytime we needed extra hands he would show up and just help. He would fill in the gap, and was a mentor to the younger officers. I remember recently he was helping with an AFIA vespers at Michiana Fil-Am. We mourn with you and we pray for comfort for your family. Fares Magesa
Posted by:
Fares Magesa

03/15/2013 at 11:17 PM
"In spite of everything, Job did not sin or accuse God of doing wrong." Job 1:22 The accuser has done this. Just like the thief on the cross, the next person Kevin will see is Jesus in the clouds!
Posted by:
Dennis Hollingsead

03/15/2013 at 11:11 PM
My mind goes back several years to sunny days at Camp Akita and I see the smiling face and laughing eyes of Kevin. Always kind, respectful and smiling. Dearest Elizabeth, I can never imagine the grief of this moment as you, like only a mother can, miss that smile and laughter. Lean hard on Jesus. His grace is strong enough for every pain and crisis of the heart. He will hold and comfort you until God makes all things right again. Even so, come Lord Jesus. You remain in my prayers. -Cinda Lea Sitler, IL Conf. Family
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 11:03 PM
It's hard for us to find the words that might bring you comfort at this time of loss but perhaps just knowing that we are thinking of you with sympathy and loving prayers which we trust will somehow help to give you strength at this difficult time. We do not know Kevin but we are parents and grandparents and can only faintly imagine the deep sorrow in your hearts. Praying for you knowing that God hears and answers prayer, He loves you, and will stay near you during this most difficult time. Our heartfelt sympathy.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 11:02 PM
"Each man's death diminishes me, Because I am involved in mankind" (John Donne). We have all been diminished by Kevin's death. I am praying that God will hold you, his family & friends, in His arms of love & keep you comforted. Jesus is coming soon!!!! Bonnie Beres, secretary in the Seminary
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 10:49 AM
I am deeply sorry and touched by this sad news. There is no word to express my sadness. I am praying for you so that God gives you strengh, courage and a strong hope to meet Kevin when Jesus returns very soon. I believe that this separation will not last long. Lucile Sabas, one of Kevin's teachers.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 10:48 AM
Dear DeLeon Family: We are immensely sorry about Kevin's death. The depth of sadness and grief going through your hearts is something we cannot even begin to fathom. But God feels deeply with you and is there for you. It is our prayer that though the sadness and pain of this moment you may be able to look up to a Heavenly Father who cares deeply and who provides comfort, assurance, and hope in this difficult moment. To a Father who loves and cares deeply and who has the power to bring Kevin back to life when Jesus comes to put an end to death and suffering. Sincerely, Emilio and Cecilia Garcia-Marenko
Posted by:
Emilio Garcia-Marenko

03/15/2013 at 10:46 AM
My deepest sympathy to the loved ones of Kevin. My heart is deeply saddened by your loss and you all are in my prayers. May God comfort you and give you peace like no one else can at this time. Donissa Lawrence
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 10:36 AM
I also did not know Kevin but we here in the School of Education feel sorrow for your loss. We have been praying for the DeLeon family and lifting you and his friends up to the Father's throne. He knows the end from the beginning and is still in control of this old world. May that great God of love be especially close to you right now.--Vicki Wiley, Executive Assistant, Dean's Office, School of Education
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 10:25 AM
My tears are shamelessly flowing as my mothers heart aches for your loss. May God comfort you during this tragic time. Everyone, we need to love each other more and more as Christ's children. let our hearts always be looking to comfort and protect our precious family. Hugs and prayers to you dear family. Veronica Johnsen
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 10:24 AM
Just the other day i met him and just like that he is gone. I wish i had gotten to know him better and let him know how truly loved he was. I just wish there was more time. My prayers go out to the DeLeon family and to his friends who were close enough to consider him a brother. I pray that God provides strength for the times when grief strikes and comfort when the sadness just doesnt seem to go away. With deep love, Wallace Borges
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 10:23 AM
For Kevin's Family: I'm deeply moved and personally regretful regarding the loss of my friend and your son and your cousin. Our university (and its students) has failed to accomplish its only mission - loving and caring for all of its student equally. But God has not failed. Whatever Kevin was going through, he is now in a peace that we cannot fathom. And when he wakes up, he will never again know pain or lonelieness or rejection. We will see Kevin soon! Pray and trust in this.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 10:11 AM
So sorry to hear of your lost of Kevin. My family knows your family well. They go to the Hinsdale church and my nephew also new Kevin. May God flood you with his love as you go through this difficult time. We will see him again. God Bless, Elynda Bedney
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 10:11 AM
Elizabeth: I am sooo sorry to hear about your son. I will be praying for God's comfort to surround you and your family. --Judi Doty, LUC
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 09:59 AM
Dear Family, Today, all of my students are praying for you. We share in your sorrow. Stay close to Him. We love you. Sincerely, Philip E. Giddings III Ruth Murdoch / Andrews University
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 09:55 AM
Always too soon. My deepest condolences. There are no words that provide comfort but I pray that God comforts your family in ways that only He can.
Posted by:
Lizzy Salazar

03/15/2013 at 09:51 AM
Forgive us, dear DeLeon Family, forgive us. It seems we could've done more to make him feel loved.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 09:42 AM
Our hearts go out to you. We heard of your loss through our daughter who lives at Berrien. God does not promise to remove all sorrow, but to give us the strength to bear it, and we are praying that God will give you an extra measure of strength during your time of loss.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 08:54 AM
Esther
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 08:37 AM
Kevin, I miss you so much! Rest in peace & I will see you in heaven :(
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 08:37 AM
To Kevin's mom: I pray that you may put all your trust in Jesus for only He can understand the pain you are going through. Please know that you are in our prayers. Your sister in Christ, Luz.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 08:34 AM
Kuya winnie and ate embet...our deepest sympathy for kevin sudden lost,,we're praying for you..with sadness and sincere condolences... From your family here in abelo
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 07:42 AM
Dear De Leon family, My mothers heart is aching and hurting for you. The loss of one's child is a pain so deep and one that no parent ever expects to experience. I am lifting you all up in prayer during this time of great loss. I hope it brings you comfort knowing the next face your beloved son, Kevin will see is our dear Saviour's on resurrection morning. With deepest empathy, P.S.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 07:20 AM
I am very sorry to hear of Kevin's passing. He was a great guy: a memorable personality. I've known him since elementary school. I pray that God will use all of His means to comfort the DeLeon family during this tragic time. We await the soon coming of Jesus. He's our only hope. "And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love." Romans 5:5
Posted by:
Roger Alva

03/15/2013 at 12:49 AM
CONDOLENCE to the De Leon Family! May the love of Jesus comfort you of sudden loss of Kevin. God will take care of us.We will miss him but his memory will linger with us. be strong and have faith in God.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 12:27 AM
Dear DeLeon Family, My heart aches for you...I cannot even imagine what you must be going through. I remember Kevin from being in my 2nd Grade music class at HAA and how much he loved that little song about the five Chinese brothers! I saw Kevin a couple of years ago at a restaurant and couldn't believe what a nice young man he had turned out to be.. It was the first time I had seen him since his 2nd Grade. Kevin always held a special place in my heart, in fact I was just talking about him to a friend about a week ago! I am deeply saddened by this news, and will keep you all in my prayers. May you experience comfort and healing through this tragic loss. Hugs to you all -Denisse Santos
Posted by: Anonymous
03/15/2013 at 12:08 AM
Praying that Deleon family will feel the presence of Jesus closer in these difficult moments .
Posted by:
Fredy Reinosa-Aguilar

03/15/2013 at 12:02 AM
(for the De Leon Family) My mind cannot comprehend the feelings that must be overwhelming you at this time. Our children are so precious to us. When they precede us in death, it is so heartbreaking. Our hearts go out to you. We are uplifting you in prayer as you travel this unfamiliar road. God cares. Though He must feel distant, I'm sure He is at your side through all of this. --Glenn Paul Hill (Pastor in Illinois)
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 11:29 PM
Keeping the DeLeon family lifted up in prayer, my heart goes out for them. Kevin was a genuinely kind friend that never passed me by in the hallways without saying hello and checking to see how I was doing. He is missed. Can't wait until that wonderful resurrection day <3 . Let's all grow closer, kinder, and more loving. God is in control. xoxo
Posted by:
Thalia Stewart

03/14/2013 at 10:18 PM
Kevin and I went to Steamboat together and had a few classes together as well. I'm so sorry for your loss. Kevin has been in my thoughts all day long, and you have my prayers. Much strength to you. Sincerely, David Fernandez
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 9:43 PM
I feel the pain a mother experiences when she is at home and receives such news. My prayers are with you. May God hold you in His arms and carry you during this time of grief.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 8:57 PM
Dear God, please comfort Kevin's family and friends in ways that we cannot. You know their grief so much more, please let them know that you are close during this terrible time. Sincerely, Janice De-Whyte (Chaplain at Canadian University College).
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 8:32 PM
Our deepest sympathy to you and your family. We're so sorry for your loss. We know Kevin from HAA, I still remember his smiley face every time I came to school and saw him in the halls. So sad, so shocking, but you're in our thoughts and prayers. May God comfort you and give you peace, in the hope we have in Jesus Christ. He's coming soon and we'll see Kevin again in eternity, the pain will pass and we'll be reunited with our love ones. May the Comforter surround you with his love and His presence be felt by you. Larry, Judy and Kevin Case
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 8:22 PM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. May God uphold you and sustain you with His peace during this sad time. With heartfelt sympathy, Cora Clark (Andrews student)
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 7:51 PM
My heart is breaking for Kevin's friends and family. Please Jesus, come back soon...
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 7:13 PM
His eye is on the sparrow. You're flying home baby boy. He's got you now.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 6:52 PM
Praying for DeLeon Family...May God comfort the family!!!!:( There is hope in God, our Savior!!!!
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 6:36 PM
God be with you in this time of sorrow as you grief, one day God will wipe away all tears, and there will be no more death nor sadness. Let pray that we will be there. Alice Takomana-Luwemba
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 6:19 PM
I can't imagine the pain that the family must be going through at this time, as a mother I just want God to wrap HIS arms around Kevin's parents and family at this very difficult time in their lives. Premila Willmott
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 6:17 PM
It is hard to imagine what the family is going through. May the Lord give you comfort and strength to go on. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Daniel Serunjogi, Chaplain.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 6:00 PM
My prayers to the family.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 5:30 PM
My deep condolences to the DeLeon family. I will see you soon Kevin when our Savior Jesus comes. Rest in peace brother. Love, JIM
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 5:24 PM
My condolences to the DeLeon family. May you rest in peace and love Kev.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 5:22 PM
I can't believe you're gone Kevin :( I remember when we went to Cali for music tour and you bought me some candy and a pen :) you always k we how to make people smile. I see you again! RIP
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 5:20 PM
So sorry. Can't wait to see Kevin and his loving smiling self in heaven.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 5:09 PM
I am so sorry, I am praying for you. May the Lord give you strong faith to have the hope to meet Kevin again. Marianela Garcia
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 4:49 PM
being a member of the same church, we are like a family, and i always see you like a son of mine. rest in peace kev... you are a good kid.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 4:40 PM
He always knew how to make people laugh. Prayers for your family. I'm so so sorry -Zach Crane
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 4:17 PM
I truly mean when i say that I am so sorry for your loss. May you feel God's presence as you struggle to cope with this loss.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 4:11 PM
Dear DeLeon Family, We will see him soon. This is not the end. Just know that love is being sent your way. Emily
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 4:00 PM
20 He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. 21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God’s people. Amen. Revelations 22:20-21 Kevin will be missed dearly! My prayers are with the Deleon's and their extended families!
Posted by:
Kathleen Allen

03/14/2013 at 3:58 PM
I did not know Kevin, but my heart goes out to his family and friends during this difficult time as well as the entire Andrews University family.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 3:52 PM
Words cannot even begin to describe how hard this time is. Although I did not know Kevin personally, just talking to him a few times at camp has made me enjoy his presence. It's times like these where we are assured that we will see him very soon when our King comes to take us all home. For now, the DeLeon family is in my prayers. "We need you, Lord. We need you Lord, right now."
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 3:40 PM
So sorry for your loss. Your family is in my prayers. May God give you stength and comfort in this your time of need. Blessings.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 3:39 PM
My deepest condolences to the DeLeon family. May the soon coming return of Christ Jesus be your everpresent hope. Jesus grieves with you. - Kevin Wilson
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 3:20 PM
So sorry for the loss. May the gracious Lord grant strength and fulfill His promise of a comforter.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 3:18 PM
May the Lord give you peace during this storm. Praying for you.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 3:06 PM
Kevin, I know I didn't get a chance to teach you to ride horses like we had always planned but I look forward to seeing you in heaven. Thank you for always being the first person to give me a hug when I had a bad day. Thanks for all the laughs and your willingness to help with anything. Thanks for putting aside your plans so you could come say happy birthday to me in person before midnight and no longer my birthday.- Angela
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 3:04 PM
Chaplain Daniel R. Ocampo - Adventist Hinsdale Hospital Commenting with a heavy heart and lazy fingers . . . To all the de Leon and Dizon family clan - may you be aware of the presence of the Lord our God who promised in John 14:18 - "For I will not leave you comfortless; I will come to you." May this promise be your experience as you walk with God and bring you guiding light through all this sad, dark time. From our family to yours . . . please accept our most sincere sympathy. May the Lord bring healing to your broken hearts. Everyone in our pastoral care department would like to convey our heartfelt condolences to your family.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 3:03 PM
:( Bye kev..
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 2:55 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, but I will be praying for you family. May God's presence and comfort surround you through this tragedy.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 2:52 PM
May God send His comforting angels to comfort all of you and may He give you peace in the midst of this storm.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 2:49 PM
May the imminent return of the Lord be your Blessed Hope. Jesus grieves with you. Death will be no more someday soon. Until then, may the Lord's loving arms be around you. Melchizedek Ponniah, Deartment of Communication, Andrews University.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 1:56 PM
It saddens me to know you're gone brother. May you finally rest. You will always be remembered in the best of ways. Adios. -Eli-
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 1:52 PM
I did not know Kevin, but I am a mother of grown children and I am so saddened to hear of your loss. I pray that the sadness and groans of the hearts of friends and the rest of the campus family will be heard by our loving Father as prayers for His presence and comfort for you in the days, weeks and months ahead. - Dalry Payne, Executive Assistant to the President, Andrews University
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 1:37 PM
Kevin has been a friend of mine for many years, and even though we did not keep in touch these past few years, I know he is still the fun, laid back person I know him to be. It is a most tragic lost for the DeLeon family, and my condolences go out to them.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 1:35 PM
I am so sorry to hear about this tragedy within the Andrews University family. I also wish to express my sympathy to the DeLeon family. These events are foreign to the way life should be according to God's plan. But God will make all things right some day soon. He is a caring and compassionate God. May we all feel His presence during this time. Benjamin D. Schoun
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 1:13 PM
Dear DeLeon Family, words can only tell in part how saddened we are at the news of Kevin's death. He was one of my son's former classmates! Like others, we are reeling in shock from this tragic news. Please know, however, that we are lifting you up in prayer, pleading with God to surround and comfort you now, and to reveal in dramatic ways His loving kindness and tender care for your family. May you feel His loving embrace, and be comforted by Him who understands our sorrow and depth of unspeakable grief. May you trust Him now, more than ever.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 1:10 PM
I am still in shock right now. Kevin was a good friend. We worked together at Camp Akita 5 years ago. He always had a smile on and was always willing to help with anything. R. I. P. Kevin. You will be missed but never forgotten. I'm also praying for the De Leon family. Nelson
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 12:45 PM
I wish this would have never happened, nobody should have to experience anything like this. My thoughts and prayers are with you... I can only imagine how hard this loss must be. But I am praying to One who knows and understands. 1 Peter 5:7 says that Jesus "cares for you," and we all do too. Timothy Dolan
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 12:44 PM
Praying for the family and for the friends of Kevin. I did not know him, but death is a horrible thing that has resulted from sin. May the God in heaven fill you with strength and courage. May He hold you tight during this moment of grievance. I am praying for you. God be with you. - Andrews University Student
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 12:35 PM
Something to keep in mine as a means of encouragement in times of difficulties and tragedies such as the loss of Kevin Deleon. "For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the Christians who have died will rise from their graves." (1 Thess. 4:16) May these words today remain a beacon of comfort. My deepest condolences to the family.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 12:29 PM
Death does not ceased to pour sadness in the heart of God's children although it knows that it is vinced by Jesus on the Cross. It continues to dare putting tears in ours eyes. I have read with many emotion the loss of this young student at Andrews University. Certainly Kevin was a hope for family, community and the world. In this sad moment, I would like to invite family members to lift up their eyes in the cross where Jesus had the victory over death. His promise of resurrection is certain. Rejoice in this hope we have. Let you see Jesus next to you, Dear broders and sisters, He who is the resurrection and life. Let His consolation and peace be in your sad heart. Frandy Lesly Senatus
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 12:25 PM
With sadness we learn of the tragic loss. My prayers go forth for Kevin's family and for his friends. May we bear one another's burdens until the resurrection day. Glenn Russell, Department of Religion
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 12:15 PM
My Lord and God of Comfort....be with Kevin's family and friends as they wrestle with this untimely loss of a son, brother, friend, and colleague. You said that You'd show Yourself strong in the behalf of those who love you....Lord show Yourself strong.....this family and community needs You!
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 2:36 PM
i was friends with kevin and hadn't seen him in a while. i was blown away when my old room mate called me. kevin was an awesome guy and i always saw him with a smile on his face. we'll all miss him.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 12:04 PM
There are no words to express our sadness. He was a valuable and pleasant coworker in the Physics Department.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 12:01 PM
I did not know Kevin personally but im pretty sure he was a cool dude. Just know that i am praying for the family and the Andrews University family. This Is a time of grief in this campus and we have to always remember that Jesus Is coming again to take His children to paradise where there will be great joy and no more sorrow :)
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 11:54 PM
I know that words are my enough at this time, but please know that I pray for Kevin's friends and family at this time, thy even in trade by thy may feel comfort in God's arms. My sincerest condolences.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 11:52 PM
Death is a terrible thing... but there is hope in Jesus. You are in my prayers.
Posted by:
Jameel Ali

03/14/2013 at 11:50 PM
I only knew him for a short time. Way too soon :( R.I.P
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 11:42 PM
I am in shock. Kevin was a good friend of mine. :( Way too young, way too soon! :( I am speechless. I will be praying for the De Leon family
Posted by:
Erick Quinones

03/14/2013 at 11:20 PM
My heart breaks for you... I am so sorry for your loss, you are in my prayers and thoughts.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 11:20 PM
Deepest sympathy and prayers for Kevin's family and friends.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 11:14 PM
Our prayers are for Kevin's family and friends. May he rest in peace. Appiah Kwarteng
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 11:11 PM
I offer Kevin's parents, family, and friends my deepest condolences. I pray that you will feel God's love draw close to you even as you grieve. With sadness and hope for a soon reunion in Heaven, Brent Geraty
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 11:10 PM
I knew Kevin... he was a good kid. I liked him. Your family will be in my prayers during this very sad time.
Posted by:
Moses Primo

03/14/2013 at 11:26 PM
Dear family. I did not know Kevin, however, I can't imagine how hard this is for you all, but I do sympathize with your grief and my heart goes out for you. May God confort you. In times like this, I like to read "Is God to Blame?" by Gregory Boyd. Insightful and o bit different approach to the problem of evil. It has helped me get through terrible times like this. I'll be praying for you. Silas
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 11:06 PM
As Kevin's friend I pray for your family and can't imagine the grief and sadness. I hung out with Kevin a lot, went to Walmart with him to buy groceries for his apartment one time and just talked often. He was a really nice kid and thoughtful of others. I will be keeping you in my prayers and we'll be seeing Kevin soon.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 11:02 PM
To Kevin's family and friends, I am so sorry for your loss. Praying for all of you in this time of sadness. Kathleen Wilson
Posted by:
Kathleen Wilson

03/14/2013 at 10:58 AM
To Kevin's family. I can't even imagine the shock and grief you are experiencing, and I won't pretend to know how to offer comfort--just know that I will be praying.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 10:48 AM
Dearest DeLeon Family & Friends, what tragic and unexpected news. You all are on my heart today. God is especially near to you... "[He is] close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit" Psalm 34:18. Love you guys. -Ashleigh Burtnett
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 10:47 AM
I will keep Kevin's family in my prayers. I am so sorry for this sudden loss. Sandra Gutierrez
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 10:46 AM
God bless and comfort the family and friends of Kevin. The shock of sudden death takes a long time to recover from. You are prayed for. The Rorabeck Family
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 10:36 AM
I did not know Kevin personally, but have experience a loss of a family member. I wanted to let you know how sorry I am and that your family is in many prayers. God bless you and bring you much comfort, wisdom and understanding during this time. Sincerely, Jean Gustavsen Office Manager Department of Aviation Andrews University 269-471-3120 Office 269-471-6004 Fax jeang@andrews.edu “Seek Knowledge. Affirm Faith. Change the World.”
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 10:32 AM
I cannot imagine the shock and sadness you are experiencing now. I'm praying for you and looking forward to the time that we can have a reunion with Kevin when Jesus returns. Blessings on your family. Karen Johnson-McWilliams Andrews Univ. Dept. of Mathematics
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 10:31 AM
So sorry.
Posted by: Anonymous
03/14/2013 at 11:32 PM