Monday, December 2, 2013

Student Writes on Learning from Holidays

Katelyn Ruiz, communications graduate student, writes for U.S. News & World Report

As an international student, I miss my folks, but being away from home over the holidays makes the distance between us seem much greater.

To combat this calendar-induced bout of seasonal homesickness, I committed to celebrating in my own way with whatever traditions I could sneak across the border.

First, I realized that I was not alone in feeling lonely. Many of my fellow international students, whom I came to know through classes or campus-sponsored activities, also missed their own holiday celebrations.  <<< Read the full story >>>

Search

Categories

Have an Announcement?

Please submit information for the Andrews Agenda by visiting the Agenda submissions page and use your Andrews login and password.

To add an event to the AU Online Calendar, visit the Events submissions page and use your Andrews login and password.

Subscribe to the Andrews Agenda Email

If you would like to receive the weekly Andrews Agenda email, send an email to agenda@andrews.edu with "Subscribe" in the subject line.
Andrews University is a Seventh-day Adventist institution of higher education
Phone: 1-800-253-2874     E-mail: enroll@andrews.edu
Copyright © 2011 Andrews University
Berrien Springs, Michigan 49104