Monday, February 10, 2014

The Sacred Theater of Knowing Meeting

"The Sacred Theater of Knowing:
The Epistemologies of Hamlet on Film.”

Presented by

Dr. L Monique Pittman
Director of Honors
Professor of English
Andrews University

Sabbath Afternoon at 3:30 p.m.
February 22, 2014

Chan Shun Hall
Andrews University

Dr. Pittman has provided the following autobiographical information :
A former student of the Andrews University English Department, I began teaching here in 1999. I returned because the English Department had provided me with a stimulating and nurturing place in which to develop a mature intellectual and spiritual life. I also loved and admired the comradery characteristic of the faculty relationships with each other and with their students.
After completing my B.A. in English with a minor in music at Andrews (1991), I earned an M.A. from The College of William and Mary (1993), and finished a Ph.D. in Renaissance literature at Purdue University (2000).  The literature and history of the English Renaissance has fascinated me since I was a child (I even had a postcard-sized portrait of Elizabeth I in my high school locker); as a scholar and teacher, I find the Renaissance's nuanced and complex treatment of the human condition endlessly satisfying.
My husband Paul analyzes numbers instead of literature as a CPA at a public accounting firm. We enjoy entertaining, cooking, baking, kitchen gardening, and working home improvement magic.

Regarding the topic of her Forum presentation, she says,
I’m considering the epistemological crisis of the sixteenth century as manifested in the play and in two twentieth-century film versions.

Search

Categories

Have an Announcement?

Please submit information for the Andrews Agenda by visiting the Agenda submissions page and use your Andrews login and password.

To add an event to the AU Online Calendar, visit the Events submissions page and use your Andrews login and password.

Subscribe to the Andrews Agenda Email

If you would like to receive the weekly Andrews Agenda email, send an email to agenda@andrews.edu with "Subscribe" in the subject line.
Andrews University is a Seventh-day Adventist institution of higher education
Phone: 1-800-253-2874     E-mail: enroll@andrews.edu
Copyright © 2011 Andrews University
Berrien Springs, Michigan 49104