2014 Wellness Program for 2014/2015 Premium Discount
Who is eligible to participate?
All employees and spouses covered under the Andrews University medical benefit plan. Both employee and spouse covered under the medical benefit must complete the program requirements to earn the reward.
What are the program requirements?
To receive a 35% wellness discount on health premiums, both requirements must be completed.
1. Meet the 2014–2015 biometric targets with current biometrics*
2. Meet with a Benefit Enrollment Counselor during open enrollment
*Are my biometrics current?
YES—You participated in 2013 and your biometrics were performed in 2013 AND you had 2 or less health risks. No new biometrics required.
NO—You participated in 2013 and your biometrics were performed in 2013 AND you had a critical or actionable value or 3 or more health risks. You need new biometrics performed in 2014.
NO—You participated in 2013 but your biometrics were performed prior to 2013. You need new biometrics performed in 2014.
NO—You did NOT participate in 2013. You need new biometrics performed in 2014.
Lakeland Care will send an email to employees’ Andrews University email address to indicate whether participation in a new biometric screening is needed. For spouses who are both employees, the email will be sent to the primary spouse who holds the coverage.
- Five health screenings being measured: blood pressure, HA1C, triglyceride, LDL, and BMI
- If 3–5 health standards are not met –or– if there is 1 or more actionable or critical values: qualify for the reward by completing the Alternative Satisfaction Activity
- Alternative Satisfaction Activity: meet with Health Management Advisor and follow plan of care (may include a follow-up visit with physician to develop and/or review plan of care)
- Please refer to benefit booklets, handouts, and website for further details
This only applies to those who have been notified that a new biometric screening is required (as notified to employees directly by Lakeland). Available only for the employee and spouse (other dependents are not eligible).
Onsite biometric health screens will be held on March 26 & 27 from 6:30–11 a.m.
- Requires a 12-hour fast (water only, no coffee or juice)
- You may take your medications as prescribed
- You are encouraged to drink water to remain hydrated
- A light breakfast will be available to screening participants
To schedule a screening click here: Health Screening Scheduler
If prompted, the enrollment number for the Health Screening scheduler is 10119.
- Schedule one appointment per participant; if making more than one appointment, different email addresses must be provided (each appt. will be approximately 15 min.)
- Please watch for your email confirmation (check spam or junk folder if necessary)
- Location: Dining Services
- DEADLINE to schedule appointment is Monday noon, March 24
Lakeland Care Health Management Advisors will be onsite to review biometric results on April 9 and 10 from 8 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (further information to be provided at screening appointment).
ALTERNATIVE TO SCREENING
A Primary Care Provider wellness verification form (download the attachment) may be submitted to Lakeland Care. This physician form is due by April 18.
DEADLINE to complete the 2014 Wellness Program for the premium discount is May 1, 2014.
Questions? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Supervisors and Office Managers: Please post in your department for employees who do not have ready access to email. Thank you.
Contact this person at email@example.com.