Horticultural Team Leader/Superintendent Wanted
We are currently looking to develop top-notch Horticultural Maintenance Teams. All applicants interested in this position must meet the below requirements to be considered for this position.
Job Requirements, Knowledge and Skills
- Preferred degree in horticulture
- Minimum of 3–5 years experience in the landscape industry
- Excellent plant identification abilities
- Excellent weed identification abilities
- Garden bed care
- Seasonal clean ups
- Proper selective pruning and shearing of shrubs
- Proper ornamental tree pruning
- Annual flower planting
- Bed edging and mulching
- Occasional tree, shrub and/or perennial planting
- Ability to work according to instructions
- Ability to use basic landscape and relevant tools.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
Basic Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Ability to understand and communicate project requirements, customer service expectations and management goals with teams
- Ability to lead additional team members to successfully meet or exceed project goals.
- Projects range in size and complexity
- Must have a valid MI Drivers License with a Chauffeurs endorsement with less than 4 points, (CDL is preferred)
- Must have or be able to obtain a DOT Medical Card
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
As a Horticultural Management Team Superintendent, you lead by example and are capable of performing and executing all aspects of the position with professionalism, craftsmanship and safety in mind. This person is an effective communicator, enjoys creating beautiful outdoor environments and is enthusiastic about "the team." This person must be ready to work in a professional environment.
Please send resume and references to Melissa Pewarchie at MPewarchie@bernslandscape.com.