Michael Polite New Associate Chaplain

Agenda | Posted on October 14, 2014

by Lucero Castellanos

Michael Polite has taken on the position as Andrews University’s new associate chaplain. His service to the University began October 1, 2014. Polite comes from Nashville, Tennessee, where he served for five years as the associate pastor of youth and young adults for the Riverside congregation.

Polite graduated from Union College (Lincoln, Nebraska) and La Universidad de Sagunto (Sagunto, Spain) where he majored and specialized in language and linguistics. He is currently enrolled at Regent University (Virginia Beach, Virginia) where he is pursuing his doctorate in strategic communication.

As founder and director of ENERGY Ministries, a youth ministry program for the community of Riverside in Nashville, Polite has received recognition from media outlets such as USA Today, The Huffington Post, The Sydney Morning Herald in Australia, and the China Times.

Polite is largely involved with youth and young adult ministries. His main focus is to target the millennial generation.

“I feel as though I am being called to move the Y and Z generations,” shared Polite. “I strive to minister to the generation I am a part of. Where I can dig deep and understand our unique challenges and strengths.”

June Price, University chaplain, affirmed that Polite is a great addition to the Campus Ministries team.

“I believe his love for God coupled with his passion for young adults will profoundly affect many lives both now and for eternity,” she says.

Although in a completely different environment to which he is accustomed, Polite looks forward to what Andrews has in store for him.

“I am honored to be called to serve on a university campus,” he said. “To me, this is one of the most exciting fields to work in.”