One venue for undergraduate research takes place under the auspices of the John Nevins Andrews Honors Program. Students who are admitted into the program take the SAGES curriculum, which involves an independent study and research component culminating in a Senior Honors Project. Another venue for undergraduate research involves biology majors being mentored by various biology faculty. Biology majors who have completed research either in their Senior Honors Project or with biology faculty are listed below.
- Brent Sherwin, "The role of Cl(-) channel-inhibition in the brain on the phonotactic selectivity of female crickets"
- Daniel Colon, "The effects of Omega-3 fatty acids on Saccharomyces cerevisiae inositol pathway mutants"
- Lisa Thompson, "The effects of valproate prodrugs on the inositol biosynthetic pathway in Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast"
- Rachel Koo, "The effect of serotonin on phonotaxis in the cricket Acheta domesticus"
- Kendra Anderson, "The effects of docosahexaenoic acid on Saccharomyces Cerevisiae growth and intracellular inositol levels"
- Casey Graves, "An assay of phytohormonal activity in Rhizobium rubi and Rhizobium radiobacter"
- Michelle Evans, "Negligible influence of His-tags on CLIP 170 and microtubule interactions"
- Christianna Markovic, "The effect of phonotaxis of nanoinjecting juvenile hormone III into the suraesophageal ganglion of female crickets"
- Wei Li, "An investigation of the toxicity of a putative carbamate-based insecticide"
- Shastin Purvis, "Plasticity in female cricket phonotactic response to covariation in model male cricket calls"
- Claudia Kim, "PCR analysis of auxin encoding genes in Rhizobacteria from velvetleaf"
- Kristin Lee, "The effect of Benzodiazepine on female cricket phonotaxis"
- Claudia Melgosa, "Seasonal variation in the frequency of "head toss" in breeding Glaucous-winged gulls"
- Ryan Choi, "Regulation of sexual responsiveness (phonotaxis) of female crickets (Gryllus bimaculatus) by hormonal regulation of neuronal processing in the prothoracic ganglion"
- Melissa Magsipoc, "Evluation of geographical variation in the calling song of the male cricket, Gryllus veletis"
- Elizabeth Habenicht, "Predicting the location of Pigeon Guillemots (Cepphus columba) based on environmental variables: a mathematical model"
- Holly Brubaker, "Velvetleaf sensitivity to IAA and rhizobacteria that produce IAA-like compounds"
- Brianna Payne, "Effects of bald eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) disturbance on vigilance in Glaucous-wined gulls (Larus glaucescens)"
- Libby Megna, "Timing of the mate-greeting ceremony in Glaucous-winged gulls
- Pharez Rolle- "A comparison of the effect of Omega-3 fatty acids and anti-bipolar drugs on the inositol bio-synthetic pathway"
- Alana Lewis, "The effects of MAP-kinases on the FGF-10 gene"
- Adam Kim, "The effect of rhizobacterial leaf inoculation on the growth patterns of velvetleaf"
- Thomas Schaffer, "Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) of P. aeruginosa biofilms with the photosensitizer Methylene Blue using red laser light"
- Sharlene Kim, "The Correlation Between the Physical STructures of the File on a Cricket Wing and the Sine Waves of a Chirp Syllable"
- Tori Steely, "The affect of light on microhabitat and the phonotaxis of female crickets
- Paul Byssainthe, "Hormonal control of female cricket phonotaxis"
- Christina Greene, "The effect of temperature on the syllable period selection phonotaxis of female Acheta domesticus"
- Daniel Greene, "The incidence of preening in Glaucous-winged gulls after bald eagle disturbances"
- Ana Kim, "Preliminary evaluation of geographical variation in the calling song of the male cricket, Gryllus pennsylvanicus"
- Arthur Celestin, "Effects of benzodiazepine on phonotactic selectivity in cricket Acheta domesticus"
- Christopher Armstrong, "Mutant NK1 Ligands with improved Met Receptor Affinity"
- Christina Chun, "Study of Week Deleterious Rhizobacteria"
- Jennifer Johnson, "A Clinical Study of Factors Influencing the Incidence of Equine Laminitis"
- BonJoo Koo, "Female Phonotactic response to Acheta domesticus Male Calling Song: Affect of Pre-pulse in Calling Song."
- Rebecca Lee, "Neuromodulation of Phonotactic Behavior in Female Acheta domesticus: Possible Involvement of Biogenic Amines"
- David Mayor, "Analysis of Parasympathetic Innervation of the Porcine Heart"
- Maureen C. Serem, "Effect of rain on the incidence of preening behavior among glaucous-winged gulls"
- Heather Vickers, "Regulation of INM-2 Gene Expression in S. cerecisiae"
- Melissa Wong, "Cross-Cultural Study of Shyness Domains in Spain vs. the U.S."
- Christina Marie Burden, "The Effect of Certain Environmental Variables on the Proportions of Behaviors in a Colony of Larus Claucencens in Northwest Washington"
- Christian Blake Cameron, "Geographic Patterns in the Radiation of North American Marmotine Ground Squirrels: Exploratory GIS Study"
- Ah Ram (Rian) Cho, "Temperature Map of the Molecular Cloud" G267.9-1.1
- Layla Cole, "A GIS Analysis of Cirsium Pitcheri at Warren Dunes State Park"
- Dwayne Gordon, "The Role of Octopamine in the Female Crickets Response to the Male's Call"
- Cory Gregory, "Habitat occupancies by marine birds and mammals at Protection Island National Wildlife Refuge, Washington, over a two-year period"
- Eun Taik Ha, "Synthesis and Properties of Polyurethane-Based Azachalcone Sensors"
- Danielle Hafner, "Integration of Cricket Phonotaxis into Biology Lab Experiments"
- Cassaundra K. Johnson, "Predicting the dynamics of loafing behavior in glaucous-winged gulls" (with Brianna Payne)
- Edgar Kim, "A Possible Advancement in Paleontology: A New Technique for Determining Dinosaur Egg Shapes and Sizes"
- Joseph Kim, "Effect of Protein Kinase Inhibition on Phonotactic Responsiveness in the Female Cricket, Acheta Domesticus"
- Sheena L. Lyn, "Allometric growth in the appendicular bones of glaucous-winged gulls"
- Yvette Modad, "Type A Sulfonamide Chalcones: Investigations Into Flavonoid Based Sulfa Drugs"
- Brianna G. Payne. "Predicting the dynamics of loafing behavior in glaucous-winged gulls" (with Cassaundra Johnson)
- Tracy Payne, "Publication Trends in the Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology: A Closer Look at the Subject Areas, Publication Attributes, and Authorship"
- Rebecca D. Prouty, "Relation between heat variables and the incidence of panting among glaucous-winged gulls"
- Christine Ramirez, "Effect of Cyanogenic Rhizobacteria on the Growth of Soybean (Glycine Max) and Velvetleaf (Abutilon Theophrasti) in Autoclaved Soil"
- Danielle Reaser, "A Quantitative Study of Nasopharyngeal Cultures in Equids"
- Carrie Roosenberg, "Reaction of a-Haloacylals with Metal Thiocyanates"
- Daniel Roquiz, "Quality of Life in a Healthy Living Population"
- Michael Scalfani, "Effects of Picrotoxin (PTX) on Phonotactic Selectivity in Cricket Acheta Domesticus"
- Christina Burden, "Behavior variation among glaucous-winged gulls in relation to tide height and time of day"
- Kelly Marie McWilliams, "Comparison of the Forest Ecological Communities of Three Andrews University Properties"
- Esteban Modad, "Characterization of INM2 Regulation"
- Rhonda Janette Wheeler, "Shelter Selection in Betta spendens"
- Bonnie B. Cho, "Optimal Delvery of Deleterious Rhizobacteria"
- Kara Ji Hea Choi, "Cell Cycle-Dependent Expression of Estrogen Receptor in MCF-7 Breast Cancer Cells"
- Teresa M. Han, "Synergistic Effects of Rhizobacteria in Combination With Herbacide on the Growth of Velvetleaf (Abutilon Theophrasti) and Corn (Zea Mays) in Autoclaved and Non-Autoclaved Soil"
- Clara Logan, "Mathematical analysis of habitat occupancies, disturbances, and behaviors by glaucous-winged gulls"
- Elliot Joo, "Content analysis of egg specialist and non-egg specialist glaucous winged gull pellets"
- Amy Roosenberg, "Content analysis of northwestern crow pellets from Protection Island, Washington"
- Susan Mentges, "Gragmentation, distribution, and orientation of eggshell immediately following hatching"
- Holly Moon, "Eggshell fragment orientation in sediments bioturbated by crayfish"