The Andrews University School of Distance Education was founded in 2011 as part of the Griggs University merger with Andrews University.
The School of Distance Education includes the following services and programs:
- Support and services to Andrews University online programs and degrees
- Support of Griggs University programs and overseeing the transfer of Griggs degrees and programs to Andrews programs (an estimated 2-3 year process)
- Collaboration with other Adventist institutions of higher learning: continuing the Griggs University Consortium and expanding collaboration and consortium services
- Operation of Griggs International Academy
- Coordination and oversight of Andrews and Griggs Universities off campus programs, affiliations, and extensions
The School of Distance Education is housed in the new Griggs Hall, formerly part of the Lake Union Conference building.