Whether you want to take a single course or earn a degree, we offer accredited online college courses and programs that you can study at your own pace, whenever and wherever you wish.
Explore our courses by clicking on your desired category in the menu. For a quick overview of courses, check out our course index.
Is distance education for me?
Are you ready to take an online or paper-based correspondence course?
- Do you have reliable Internet access at home?
- Can you commit a regular, weekly amount of time to the course?
- Are you comfortable with email and searching and browsing the Internet?
- Are you fairly "self-motivated" in your learning?
All the courses listed are Andrews University courses except the Andrews Medical Terminology course.
- Online Self-paced Courses: Registration is continuously open. Students have 180 days from their start date to finish courses. If you plan to transfer credits to another institution or have financial aid covering distance courses, it is important to finish within the semester you register in.
- Interactive Online Courses: Participate with class members and instructor in online discussions in classes which have fixed start and end dates and weekly assignment dead
For most courses at least one exam is required each semester. Students should read the information about exams found in the Student Handbook (at the beginning of the instructional guide), the course introduction, or the lesson in the instructional guide that precedes the exam. All exams must be supervised by a school or community official, such as a teacher, librarian, registrar, or pastor, who is not related to the student.
Talk to Your Advisor
Before taking a distance course please talk to both your academic and financial advisors.
- Ensure that your academic advisor agrees that you will be successful in the course; and that the course will be accepted for your program.
- Carefully consider the impact of adding a distance course to your financial plan, and the limitations financial aid places on how long you have to finish the course.
- Your advisor's contact information is listed on your preVue page.