College Credit for Academies and High Schools
Dual credit is an initiative developed by Andrews University to celebrate the addition of Griggs International Academy to the Andrews family. This program is an amazing opportunity for academy juniors and seniors to earn Andrews University credit for $100 per credit hour!
Why online/dual college credit?
• Transition from high school to university is seamless
• Gain skills necessary for success at the college level
• Higher likelihood of earning a high school diploma and college degree
• Students can validate their ability to complete college-level work
• Students have a head start on meeting core requirements
• Tuition is only $100 per credit hour
College credit courses for academies and high schools are:
• Interactive online (computer and internet access is required)
• Instructor-led through the School of Distance Education
• Paced with biweekly assignment deadlines and weekly quizzes
Courses are capped to 20 students per section to maximize interactivity. Additional sections will be added as needed where possible.
Spring Semester 2014: January 6—May 1
ENGL115: English Composition I
RELB210: Jesus in His Time & Ours. Note: This course counts for general education requirements at Andrews University; but will not fulfill the requirement for religion and theology majors.
Last day to register: January 6
Last day to register with $81 late fee: January 7
Last day to withdraw with 100% tuition refund: January 15
Last day to withdraw with a W: April 22
• Distance fee: $30 for less than 5 credits; $112 for 5 or more credits
• Late registration fee: $81
• Incomplete fee: $32
Guidelines and Requirements:
2. Minimum 3.0 GPA
3. Students must have academy approval to register
4. Maximum two courses per semester allowed
5. Maximum of 21 total credits will be accepted toward AU degree requirements
6. Students must register and begin courses prior to graduation or completion of GED test
7. Make sure to discuss this opportunity with a school advisor. Each school decides whether to count the college course work as dual credit for high school credit.
These courses are taught at a college level and students enrolled in these courses will be expected to show responsibility and personal motivation.
On Campus Courses:
If you're interested in taking courses offered on campus, click here.
Please complete this registration form.
Order books through the Andrews Online Bookstore.
Contact Diana De Guzman, enrollment coordinator, at email@example.com