AA/AS in General Studies
The General Studies Associate of Arts/Science degree is designed to serve students seeking to complete a degree for personal or professional goals.
Learn more and do more for God by attending Andrews University online while continuing your commitments to your family and career. Finish one or two courses at a time, at your own pace, any time of the day, anywhere - online.
This program requires at least 62 semester credit hours including:
- A minimum of 27 hours in the selected emphasis, of which at least 9 are earned through Andrews University.
- At least 15 credit hours are earned through Andrews University
- The overall GPA for all courses (including transfer credits) must be 2.0 or higher
- The GPA for all focus-area courses must be at least 2.25
- No course with a grade below C- may count toward the focus area
- Meet all of the general education requirements for an Associate's degree
- Electives to fill the balance of 62 semester credits
General Education RequirementsTransfer credits accepted from accredited institutions.
|Religion: RELT 100, RELB 210, RELT 250, RELT 340, or equivalent||6|
|Language/Communication: COMM 104, ENGL 115, ENGL 215||9|
|History/Arts/Humanities: HIST 117, HIST 118, ENGL 205, MUHL 214||3|
|Life & Physical Sciences: FDNT 230, PHYS 110 or equivalent with labs||4|
|Mathematics: MATH 165 or equivalent||3|
|Service: BHSC 300 if credit needed, may waive with service record & essay||0-2|
|Social Sciences: PSYC 101, SOCI 119, BHSC 220 or equivalent||3|
|Fitness Education: HLED 120, FTES 238, two other PE courses for 1 credit each||2|
*Up to 30% of total credits can be earned through prior college-level learning.