BA/BS in General Studies
The General Studies Bachelor of Arts/Science degree is designed to serve students seeking to complete a degree for personal or professional goals.
Learn more and do more for God by attending Andrews University online while continuing your commitments to your family and career. Finish one or two courses at a time, at your own pace, any time of the day, anywhere - online.
This program requires at least 124 semester hours including:
- A minimum of 30 hours of 300 or 400-level courses
- A minimum of 33 hours (for BA) or 39 hours (for BS) in the selected emphasis, of which at least 11 (for BA) or 13 (for BS) are 300 or 400-level courses, and at least 11 (for BA) or 13 (for BS) are through Andrews University.
- At least 30 credit hours are earned through Andrews University
- The overall GPA for all courses (including transfer credits) must be 2.0 or higher
- The GPA for all focus-area courses must be at least 2.25
- No course with a grade below C- may count toward the focus area
- Meet all of the general education requirements for a Bachelor's degree
- Electives to fill the balance of 124 semester credits
General Education RequirementsTransfer credits accepted from accredited institutions.
|Religion: RELT 100, RELB 210, RELT 250, RELT 340||12|
|Communication: COMM 104, ENGL 115, ENGL 215||9|
|Intermediate Language: (Requirement for BA degree only)||4|
|History: HIST 117, HIST 118||6|
|Fine Arts & Humanities: Suggest ENGL 205, MUHL 214||6|
|Life & Physical Sciences: Suggest FDNT 230, PHYS 110||8|
|Mathematics: MATH 165||3-4|
|Service: BHSC 300||2|
|Social Sciences: Suggest PSYC 101/SOCI 119, BHSC 220||6|
|Fitness Education: HLED 120, FTES 238, two other PE courses for 1 credit each||6|
*Up to 30% of total credits can be earned through prior college-level learning