BA in Religion
The BA in Religion is designed for adults choosing to contribute to Adventist ministry while employed in a career in another field. Graduates may also be employed as Bible workers, chaplains and teachers, or continue postgraduate programs such as MCM, MPM, MA Rel and MDiv.
Learn more and do more for God by attending Andrews University online while continuing your commitments to your family and career. Finish one or two courses at a time, at your own pace, any time of the day, anywhere - online.
This program requires at least 124 semester credit hours including:
- A minimum of 30 hours of 300 or 400-level courses
- A minimum of 32-33 hours of major courses, of which at least 12 must be earned through Andrews University.
- At least 30 credit hours are earned through Andrews University
- The overall GPA for all courses (including transfer credits) must be 2.0 or higher
- The GPA for all focus-area courses must be at least 2.25
- No course with a grade below C- may count toward the major
- Meet all of the general education requirements for a Bachelor's degree
- Electives to fill the balance of 124 semester credits
Major RequirementsTransfer credits accepted from accredited Adventist institutions.
|RELB 111 Introduction to the Old Testament||3|
|RELB 112 Introduction to the New Testament||3|
|RELB 245 Hermeneutics||3|
|RELT 225 Doctrines of the Adventist Faith||3|
|RELH 400 Adventist History and Prophetic Heritage||3|
|RELT 425 Seminar in Contemporary Theology||3|
|RELB 304 Studies in Daniel or RELB 305 Studies in Revelation||3|
|RELB 335 Acts and Epistles I||3|
|RELB 274 Prophets of Israel||3|
|RELP 290 Introduction to Pastoral Counseling (other choices available)||3|
|RELP 320 Personal Evangelism (other choices available)||3|
See 2014-2015 Bulletin - Degree Requirements for more options
General Education RequirementsTransfer credits accepted from accredited institutions.
|Religion: RELT 100, 250 and 340, RELB 210, all part of religion major||12|
|Communication: COMM 104 for freshmen or upper division for transfer||3|
|English: ENGL 115 and ENGL 215 or equivalent||6|
|Intermediate Language: Greek or Hebrew suggested||4|
|History: HIST 117, 118, 204, 205 or equivalents||6|
|Fine Arts & Humanities: ENGL 375/6, MUHL 214 or equivalent||6|
|Life & Physical Sciences: FDNT 230 and PHYS 110||8|
|Mathematics: MATH 165 or equivalent||3|
|Service: BHSC 300 may waived with service record if no credit needed||2|
|Social Sciences: PSYC 101, SOCI 119, BHSC 220 or equivalent||6|
|Fitness Education: HLED 120, FTES 238 or other physical ed (1 cr each)||4|
*Up to 30% of total credits can be earned through prior college-level learning