The School of Distance Education provides information about a variety of online programs and courses offered by Andrews University, Griggs University and the Consortium of Adventist Colleges and Universities.
How much will it cost to study online?
Three things factor into the total cost for a single class: tuition, distance fee, and textbooks.
1. Tuition is discounted for many distance courses, but varies by school, level, and campus. For full details, please consult the following sources:
- AU Bulletin - School of Distance Education
- Consortium Catalog financial section
- AU Bulletin - Financial section
- your affiliate campus academic bulletin or financial office
2. A distance fee is charged once per semester with all registrations for Andrews University online and Consortium courses:
- $112 fee for distance graduate students taking any number of credits, as well as undergraduate and guest students taking 5 or more credits
- $30 fee for undergraduate distance degree and guest students taking less than 5 credits
3. Textbook prices and full order information are available for most online courses through the AU Virtual Bookstore
Can I pay in installments?
- Andrews University degree students may consult their AU financial advisor for payment plans during Fall and Spring semesters. Payment in full is due at the time of registration for all summer courses.
- Andrews University guest students must pay the total due at the time of registration.
- Students taking classes for Washington Adventist or Oakwood University credit may fill out the Payment Plan Agreement on p. 11 of the Consortium Registration Packet to pay 40% of tuition and fees at the time of registration and 60% of tuition in three payments.
Do you offer discounts?
We offer a 50% tuition discount to senior citizen who are 65 or older. To quality, new students submit a copy of their driver’s license or birth certificate with course registration.
How do I clear financially?
Degree students are advised to read all applicable information through the AU Financing Your Education webpages before contacting their financial advisor. (Find advisor contact information on your PreVue page.)
Steps to clearing financially:
1. Go to www.andrews.edu
2. Click on Vault/Account Access at the foot of the page.
3. Select Registration Central
4. Select Semester
5. Select Financial Plan
6. Follow steps and prompts to complete your financial plan.
Learn more by watching the video tutorial on financial aid.
What do I do with finVue?
FinVue is your personal financial information page. Check monthly statements, make payments on account, see the status of clearance for the next semester, holds, and contact information for your financial advisor.