Student Success at a Distance
How to Expedite Grading of Paper Submissions
Student services is here to help you successfully complete your distance courses or program, and connect with options for holistic personal development. Having trouble? Contact us!
Dr. Glynis Bradfield
- If dropboxes are available for your paper course in Griggs Online, scan and upload each submission to the folder for that work. You can confirm the file was received immediately, you save mailing costs, and your instructor can grade the work faster, with no loss in the mail.
- If you cannot use a dropbox, the next best method is to scan in submissions. Save all pages of one submission as one file, pages in order. Attach it to an email and email to firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com. Send each submission attached to a separate email, with your name, student ID, course number and title in the subject line.
- If you are rushing a deadline, write RUSH on the cover sheet and in the email subject line. Add the deadline you are working towards. If you do not see your grade within a week, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 269-471-6570 to check your rushed work was received.
Tips for Success
- Make a schedule and pace yourself through the course.
- Plan for two to three weeks at the end of the course for processing grades and transcripts.
- Don't turn in all your submissions at once!