Teacher Certification Programs—Adventist and Michigan Certification for Elementary and Secondary Education—CERTIFICATE
Andrews University provides opportunities on the graduate level for achieving Seventh-day Adventist and or State of Michigan elementary and secondary certification. Students may work towards certification without being in a degree program or they may complete certification requirements while taking courses required for the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) degree.
Depends on certificate pursued and previous coursework
2013 Application deadlines
- Fall (August 26 – December 12): July 15
- Spring (January 8 – May 2): November 15
- Summer Session 1 (May 13 – June 7): March 15
- Summer Session 2 (June 10 – July 5): April 15
- Summer Session 3 (July 8 – August 2): May 15
Students who apply after the deadline will incur an additional late application fee.
- Baccalaureate degree: A four-year degree from an accredited United States institution, or its equivalent from an institution outside the U.S.
- Undergraduate GPA: Minimum 3.00. The entire student profile is considered during the admissions process; students who do not meet the minimum GPA requirements may also apply.
- English proficiency: Students whose language of education is not English must submit a minimum TOEFL or MELAB score of 80.
- Official transcripts: From institutions where all post-secondary coursework was taken. Download Transcript Request PDF
- Recommendations: Two recommendations are required from professionals—such as advisors, major professors, and employers—excluding relatives. You are asked to provide names and email addresses on the online application, and then recommenders will receive an email with a direct link to the form.
- Resume or professional history: Information about your employment, research, or special projects.
- Statement of Purpose: A 500-word essay explaining your objectives in seeking a graduate degree at Andrews University. Include a description of your personal, professional, and academic goals; your philosophical perspective; and what you hope to accomplish professionally in ten years following the completion of your degree.
- International Students: Since Graduate Certificates are not full time programs and international students must be enrolled full time, they are not eligible for this program.
Have questions? We have answers. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 269-471-6013, or Skype AndrewsGraduateSchool.