||Clinical Director Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology
||[FF] Faculty Full-Time
|Hours Per Week:
||Commensurate with Experience
- The department of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology at Andrews University is seeking a Clinical Director to develop, implement and oversee the Speech-Language Pathology Clinic. The department offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Health Science with an emphasis in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology with plans to begin a Masterís degree program in Speech-Language Pathology with an anticipated start date of Fall 2014.
- The director will be responsible for overseeing the operations of the clinic and the external clinical practicum sites including establishing new sites and coordinating students for placement at various sites.
- Teach clinical seminars and assist students with professional development.
- Implement and oversee the daily operations of the Speech-Language Pathology Clinic.
- Develop and maintains a clinical schedule.
- Teach Clinical Seminars.
- Coordinate clinical education activities.
- Train clinical supervisors.
- Supervise clinical services.
- Oversee external clinical practicum sites including establishing new sites and getting students placed in various sites for professional development.
- Assist in coordination of care to make certain that evaluations and treatments.
- Establish and enforce clinical policies and procedures.
- Establish and update clinical practice guidelines for external practicum providers.
- Develop clinical experiences for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Determine appropriate clinical site locations for students to gain professional experience for program.
- Will teach practicum and clinical methodology.
- Work to help implement the transition to electronic health records.
- Master degree in Speech-Language Pathology.
- Three years of professional experience in clinical supervision and/or clinical education.
- Valid Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong commitment to team work and collegiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Works well under pressure.
- Willingness to travel locally on a regular basis.
- Must be able to treat confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
- Technological proficiency i.e. (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, iPad applications, interactive whiteboard utilization).
- Bilingual in English and Spanish and/or Portuguese preferred.
- Must be a Seventh-day Adventist in good and regular standing.
Berrien Springs, MI 49104-0860
Phone: 269. 471. 3570
Fax: 269. 471. 6293