Faculty Online Job Posting
||Reference/Marketing Librarian/Assistant Professor Library Science
||[FF] Faculty Full-Time
||James White Library
|Hours Per Week:
||Commensurate with Experience
- Provides reference service in person, by phone or electronically at the Information Services Desk and outside scheduled hours.
- Responsible for organizing and staffing the Information Services Desk.
- Supervises the reference student assistant, including hiring, training, evaluating, etc.
- Serve as the technological expert of the department in relation to questions that arise in the use of the library’s publically available resources; refers complex questions to the appropriate personnel.
- Keep current with library, university, and community resources to use and teach them to patrons and supervisees.
- Reports to the Dean of Libraries for planning and implementing a marketing plan for the library using traditional and current modes of communicating the library’s image and services.
- Collaborate across campus and the community.
- Master’s degree in library or information science from accredited ALA-institution or its equivalent; second master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ professional academic library experience (particularly in reference) preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills and customer service with patrons of varying abilities, intercultural backgrounds, and computer skills.
- Works under pressure in a quiet environment that requires multi-tasking, meeting deadlines, adaptability, flexibility, and accessibility inside and outside normal work hours.
- Computer savvy; adapts quickly to technological changes and use them in reference, teaching, and marketing.
- Thoroughly grounded in reference and research skills, familiarity with library’s organization and sophisticated software, including use and interpretation of bibliographic records.
- Excellent speaking, listening, teaching, and writing skills.
Must be a Seventh-day Adventist in good and regular standing.
Berrien Springs, MI 49104-0860
Phone: 269. 471. 3570
Fax: 269. 471. 6293