Hourly Online Job Posting
||[HH] Hourly Half-Time
|Hours Per Week:
||Commensurate with Experience
- Plans activities and maintains the database for the alumni of and donors to the academy. Processes donations sent to the academy. Coordinates publication of the alumni newsletter.
- Maintain the database of alumni, donors and current students, including updates received via phone, email, mail, newspapers, etc.
- Search through local newspaper for announcements regarding the alumni, donors and school.
- Coordinate activities related to annual alumni weekend held in October.
- Attend monthly Alumni Association executive committee meetings.
- Send email announcements to alumni as appropriate.
- Prepare gift bags for graduating seniors.
- Coordinate publication of the semi-annual annual newsletter including the donor annual report.
- Process donations including mailing thank you letters to donors and entering into database.
- Plan and execute the annual dinner for faculty, the operating board and donors including arranging for the caterer, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers, and controlling event budget.
- General secretarial duties including, but not limited to, answering the phone return voicemail messages. Ordering supplies for the alumni/development office. Check and respond to emails.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some college education or equivalent preferred; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- All correspondence and reporting must be grammatically correct and numerically accurate; must be fluent in English.
- Ability to count money accurately and prepare deposits.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must feel and act comfortably with all the people who interact with this office: alumni, donors, students, faculty, and staff. Must have a warm and friendly personality. Must be able to work independently/autonomously. Must be able to maintain confidentiality when working with academic documents and information.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Professional. Ability to learn database program used by the office.
- This is a fairly quiet office aside from noise in the hall between classes. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be a Seventh-day Adventist in good and regular standing.
Berrien Springs, MI 49104-0860
Phone: 269. 471. 3570
Fax: 269. 471. 6293