Hourly Online Job Posting
||Gift Records Administrator
||[HF] Hourly Full-Time
|Hours Per Week:
||Commensurate with Experience
||May 15, 2013
- The Gifts Records Administrator assists in processing all pledges and donations received by the University and in maintaining the integrity of the financial records of the University.
- Processing tasks include receiving, recording, receipting, acknowledging, depositing funds, and maintaining critical gift accounting records.
- Prepare and organize all gifts, pledges, and matching gifts. Verify donor intent is met regarding allocation, amount, and degree of anonymity, and that all gifts are documented completely, correctly, and are ready for entry into the Andrews University Banner system.
- Contact, as needed, campus departments and/or donors to obtain additional information, or resolve questions pertaining to annual gifts as required to ensure accurate and complete processing.
- In accordance with established policies and procedures, set up gifts in batches to enable efficient gift entry, receipting, and acknowledgement.
- Enter credit card gifts and post to system. Prepare deposit for Cashiers Office.
- Maintain biographic data records for matching gift companies (form address, acknowledgement address, contact person, corporate hierarchy). Monitor company matching gift policies. On a regular basis, review paper files for unpaid claims; contact companies to clear claims as needed.
- Assist in maintenance of constituent biographical information, including address, phone, and employment records on individual donors as submitted by donors.
- Share responsibility with other Development staff in answering main office extension.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with all staff and donors.
- Research and promptly respond to requests for information on all aspects of gift accounting, as directed.
- Assist in maintain the gift accounting system to ensure accuracy and usability of the data by keeping current on software training, identifying any data problems or errors, forwarding software, and reporting problems to Banner systems support person.
- Assist with annual external and internal audit as required.
- Manage online giving site.
- Mange Endowment process and files.
- Maintain adequate supplies of material necessary for gift processing.
- In order to comply with Andrews University and IRS standards, assist in ensuring that gift and pledge records are accurately filed and maintained in electronic document management system.
- Other tasks and special projects as directed.
- College degree preferred.
- Accounting and/or bookkeeping experience.
- Data entry proficiency.
- Ten-key entry proficiency.
- High degree of accuracy.
- Extremely detailed oriented.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision after initial training period.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining quality of output.
- Ability to deal effectively with clients, co-workers, and the general public.
- Proven skills in interpersonal communications and ability to communicate clearly in written and verbal form.
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft XP Office Suite (Excel, Word, internet)
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of relational databases.
- Understanding of donor relations and/or fundraising preferred.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
- Knowledge of Banner software system preferred.
Must be a Seventh-day Adventist in good and regular standing.
Berrien Springs, MI 49104-0860
Phone: 269. 471. 3570
Fax: 269. 471. 6293