Hourly Online Job Posting
||[HF] Hourly Full-Time
||Graduate Psychology & Couseling
|Hours Per Week:
||Commensurate with Experience
- Manage all departmental administrative functions for departmental chair, faculty, and students.
- Greet students and visitors, and provide assistance while maintaining pleasant and welcoming office atmosphere.
- Provide administrative support to faculty by means of calendar management, handling paperwork, answering phones, organizing meetings, and taking minutes.
- Maintain FERPA standards of student confidentiality while helping both faculty and students process required forms and run reports as needed.
- Monitor departmental budget to ensure it stays accurate and on- budget each month. Responsible for ordering all office supplies, equipment, and assessment related items. Help Chair prepare for annual budget meetings.
- Organize all departmental functions such as; seminars, workshops, luncheons, and parties. Plan all educational tours and off- campus events
- Track all prospective student progress, maintain correspondence via email, phone and in person, and answer any questions relating to programs and the application process. Help coordinators with recruiting and interview days for new students.
- Manage the comprehensive exams process for all students in department by gathering question, creating exams, and ensuring grading is completed.
- Track all faculty votes for bulletin changes and update in online system. Develop course schedules each semester and keep studentsí course plans up-to date and accurate to help with advising question, and eliminate class time conflicts.
- A mastery of word processing, graphics knowledge preferred. Ability to gain knowledge in other computer program is crucial as well.
- Advanced English written skills are essential, as written communication must be done with tact, accuracy and clear/ concise expression of ideas. Competent at writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply common sense to carrying out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Have clear judgment to make quick, accurate decisions, even in the absence of supervision.
- Capable of working in a team oriented environment and providing backup support to Deanís office, and Graduate Service Coordinator.
- Skills test required for typing speed and word processing proficiency.
- Bachelorís Degree required, and at least one year prior office experience preferred.
- Able to read, write, analyze and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from faculty and staff of the School of Education, clients, students, customers, and the general public.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions and percentages. Able to apply concepts of business, arithmetic, basic arithmetic algebra.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables in situations where limited standardization exists. Able to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral and diagram, and schedule form.
- Able to return to and complete work after continual interruptions. Able to exhibit flexibility, creativity and a caring nature.
Must be a Seventh-day Adventist in good and regular standing.
Berrien Springs, MI 49104-0860
Phone: 269. 471. 3570
Fax: 269. 471. 6293