Salaried Online Job Posting
||[SF] Salaried Full-Time
|Hours Per Week:
||Commensurate with Experience
||January 6, 2014
- The University Chaplain directs all aspects of the Andrews University Office of Campus Ministries, which are grounded in the mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. The Chaplain is a key part of the Student Life and University leadership teams. The Chaplain collaborates with University administrators, faculty, and staff; Pioneer Memorial Church pastors; parents; students; and other spiritual leaders of the University community:
- to provide faith development opportunities and spiritual care for students, faculty and staff
- to enrich the spiritual and intellectual life of the campus
- to build a vibrant University community of faith and learning
- to further the lofty mission of Andrews University to Seek Knowledge, Affirm Faith, and Change the World
- The University Chaplain is supported by two associate campus Chaplains, one employed by Andrews University and one employed by the Michigan Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.
- Directs strategic planning, implementation and assessment processes for comprehensive faith development programming including Weeks of Prayer, University Chapels, University Vespers, service activities, and other on- and off-campus ministries.
- Directs processes that intentionally seek to build positive relationships between students and Chaplains and engage students in the spiritual life of the campus.
- Fosters the growth of Student Missions and other outreach and short-term mission activities.
- Mentors student ministry leaders including the AUSA Religious Vice President and ensures sponsorship and support systems for faith-based clubs and organizations.
- Collaborates with the Division of Student Life and other campus entities to foster optimum whole-person development.
- Collaborates with Integrated Marketing & Communication and the Director of Co-curricular Education in the communications promoting Campus Ministries programs and mission.
- Directs the general and daily administration of the Office of Campus Ministries within established and applicable guidelines, including budget recommendations and financial management.
- Directs supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Andrews University guidelines, including staff, student, and volunteer selection and hiring; job description development, training and support, and scheduling.
- Maintains professional growth through involvement in professional organizations and other activities such as the Campus Ministries programs and mission.
- Directs and chairs committees related to Campus Ministries. Prepares the Spiritual Life agenda for Sub-Committee of the Andrews University Board of Trustees.
- Serves as a member of the Strategic Planning Committee, various Student Life Councils, and others as assigned.
- Collaborates with the offices of the President and Provost in the planning and implementation of Fall Fellowship and participates in developing spiritual care training and support for faculty and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A gifted spiritual leader with a deep love of God and others.
- Demonstrated effectiveness and passion for faith development of young adults.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in building strong, collaborative partnerships in a team-oriented environment.
- M.Div required.
- Commissioned/ordained minister required.
- Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) preferred.
- Experience as a campus chaplain preferred.
Must be a Seventh-day Adventist in good and regular standing.
Berrien Springs, MI 49104-0860
Phone: 269. 471. 3570
Fax: 269. 471. 6293