Journal of Research on Christian Education
Home Staff Authors Referees Subscribe Organizations
To see a list of the criteria used to evaluate manuscript submissions,
The Journal of Research on Christian Education (JRCE) is a semiannual refereed publication of the School of Education at Andrews University. The JRCE welcomes the submission of manuscripts, book reviews, and reaction papers having to do with research on all aspects of Christian education. Particular emphasis is given to Christian schooling within the Protestant tradition as well as to research findings from other traditions which have implications for such schools. Guidelines for major manuscripts follow. Guidelines for book reviews and other types of manuscripts are available upon request. Your ideas are welcome; the opinions expressed in published manuscripts are those of the individual authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the editors or publishers of the JRCE. Note: Do not submit material currently under consideration by another journal.
When submitting a major manuscript for publication, the author should:
1. Clearly communicate the implications of the research-based study for Christian education. A phone call or e-mail to our office helps to confirm the appropriateness of focus. We are located within the Eastern Time Zone.
2. Limit the manuscript to 10-30 double-spaced typewritten pages, including charts and graphics. For feature articles, submit a 100-word abstract and a 30-word biographical sketch of each author.
3. Prepare material according to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 5th edition (2001) or to The Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition (2003) paying particular attention to the use of the active voice and the organization of references.
4. Prepare a separate cover sheet including address, daytime telephone number, FAX number, e-mail address, and professional affiliation, as well as the manuscript title and date of submission. (In the case of multiple authors, provide the address, phone number, and affiliation for each.) Repeat the title but omit all further reference to authorship on the first page of the text.
5. Submit the article as an electronic mail (e-mail) attachment in either Microsoft Word (.doc), WordPerfect (.wpd), or Rich Text (.rtf) formats or submit by mailing five hard copies of the manuscript and a disk with an electronic version of the article in either Microsoft Word (.doc), WordPerfect (.wpd), or Rich Text (.rtf) formats.
6. Submit tables and figures as camera-ready copy. Indicate their position in the text, but please keep in mind that final placement is done at the discretion of the production editor.
Larry D. Burton, Editor Journal of Research on Christian Education firstname.lastname@example.org Information Services Building, Suite 101 Andrews University Berrien Springs, MI 49104-1800 Phone (269) 471-6080 FAX (269) 471-6224