CINAHL - EBSCO|
- 1937 -
- Indexes 3,800 periodicals, books, dissertations, serials & pamphlets
- Provides Full-text for more than 750 journals, legal cases, clinical innovations, critical paths, drug records, research instruments and clinical trials
- Updated weekly
- How to search EBSCO
MEDLINE - Ebsco|
- 1965 -
- Indexes 9,580 international medical periodicals covering the fields of medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, and the pre-clinical sciences
- Contains over 16 million references to journal articles
- Also veterinary medicine
- Updated monthly
- How to search OCLC
Health Sciences - SAGE|
- 1890 - Present; Full-text
- 26 journals published by SAGE and participating societies, some journals going back 128 years.
- Encompasses over 46,000 articles
- 1966 (Selectively to the year 1865, and very selectively to 1809) – Partial full text.
- Older references from the print version of Index Medicus back to 1951 and earlier;
- PubMed comprises more than 22 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books.
- Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
- As of 19 May 2013, PubMed has over 22.7 million records; about 500,000 new records are added each year.
- As of the same date, 13.1 million of PubMed's records are listed with their abstracts, and 14.2 million articles have links to full-text (of which 3.8 million articles are available full-text for free for any user).
- To see the current size of the database type "1800:2100[dp]" or "all[sb]" into the PubMed search window.
Health Reference Center - Academic - GALE GROUP|
- 1994 - Full-text
- Indexes 6 medical reference books on 2,600 medical topics
- More than 2,000 sources
- More than 5 million articles
- Provides: contact information for support groups, hotlines, and research centers, i.e. The Complete Directory for People with Chronic Illness
- How to search GALE">
The Cochrane Library - Wiley|
- 1898 – present
- Full Text
- Over 5000 Cochrane Reviews. Over 769881 articles.
- A online collection of databases that brings together in one place rigorous and up-to-date research on the effectiveness of healthcare treatments and interventions, as well as methodology and diagnostic tests.
- The Cochrane Library is a collection of six databases that contain different types of high-quality, independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making, and a seventh database that provides information about groups in The Cochrane Collaboration. (The Collection consists of the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews; Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials; Cochrane Methodology Register; Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects; Health Technology Assessment Database; NHS Economic Evaluation Database.
PsycINFO - ProQuest|
- Partially Full-text
- Indexes 9,900 scholarly periodicals
- Indexes 1,760 scholarly periodicals
- Covers anthropology, business, education, law, linguistics, medicine, nursing, pharmacology, physiology, psychiatry, sociology
- Updated weekly
- How to search CSA
ScienceDirect Social & Behavioral Sciences College Edition|
- Scientific database offering journal articles and book chapters from more than 2,500 peer-reviewed journals and more than 11,000 books.
- Contents: science, medical and technical (STM) journal articles and book chapters.
- There are currently more than 11 million articles/chapters, a content base that is growing at a rate of almost 0.5 million additions per year.
- Archives that reach as far back as 1823.
Web of Science Citation Index - ISI|
Nursing Resource Center - Gale|
- Mostly Full-text
- Michigan residents or Michigan library access only.
- Nursing Resource Center brings together in an easy-to-use interface disease and drug overviews, care plans, relevant journal results and animated anatomy and physiology diagrams to complement the core encyclopedia texts. The information is written in accessible language for students completing class assignments and preparing for clinicals.
Pediatric Care Manual||
|Publisher's Journal Indexes|
Oxford Journals Online|
- 1995 - -
- Full text
- Over 250 Journals indexed
- Multi-disciplinary journal collection
- Online collection of over e1,200 peer-reviewed journals and 25 book series
- Interactive databases for high-quality STM journals, book series, books, reference works, and the Online Archives Collection
- Architecture and Design; Behavioral Science; Biomedical and Life Sciences; Business and Economics; Chemistry and Materials Science; Computer Science; Earth and Environmental Science; Engineering; Humanities; Social Sciences and Law; Mathematics and Statistics; Medicine; Physics and Astronomy; Professional and Applied Computing
Wiley Online Library|
- Indexes over 1,400 journals
- Engineering, Computing and Technology
- Health Sciences
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Life and Physical Sciences
- Food Science and Technology
- Medicine, Humanities, Philosophy, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Social Work,
- Business, Economics, Finance and Accounting
|Number in brackets is the linkrank. The lower the number the more popular.|
|A-Z Health Guide from WebMD: Medical Tests |
|American Nurses Association |
|Center for Disease Control and Prevention |
Resources in Health, nursing, and medicine
|Community Health Assessment Clearinghouse |
|Community Nursing and Prescribing |
|How Do I Keep My Kids Safe When They Are Online? = 4 links |
|Internet Resources for Nurse Practitioner Students |
|Medical Encyclopedia |
|MedlinePlus (Free) |
Internet resources, full-text magazines, newspapers, and electronic books
|National Coalition of Ethnic and Minority Nurse Associations |
|Open Access Journals Search Engine |
|PQDT Open Access Dissertations and Theses |
Free access to Dissertations and Thesis on a wide range on subjects
|Take a Health Assessment |
|UK Clinical Ethics Network |