- Complete course work within time limits and GPA guidelines
- Complete of a major Curriculum and Instruction project
- Complete an initial research project (EDRM505)
- Comprehensive examinations (include Portfolio Presentation)
- Document mastery of program roles through the development and presentation of the portfolio
Specialist Students with an elementary and/or secondary level:
- Qualify for Seventh-day Adventist and/or public-school certification in the area(s) of specialty prior to graduation.
- Achieve a minimum of two years satisfactory classroom experience prior to receiving the EdS degree.
- Meet residency requirements
- Complete basic research method project
- Complete advanced research method project (PhD only)
- Complete and successfully defend doctoral dissertation
- Research competence