Provides a basic overview of the exegesis (with a Hebrew exegesis component) and interpretation of the whole Book of Daniel, with emphasis on selected portions of the book which have been featured in Seventh-day Adventist study.
The course objectives are for the student to:
- Gain clear, practical “how to” skills for drawing out the intention of the Hebrew text of Daniel;
- Have a clearer understanding of the exegetical support in the Hebrew text for significant points of Adventist teaching;
- Obtain a deeper appreciation of the personal struggle and disciplined effort required to rightly hear the Hebrew text of a complex book like Daniel.
Prerequisite: Must have met the intermediate Hebrew requirement.
- Secrets of Daniel: Wisdom and Dreams of a Jewish Prince in Exile [ISBN No.: 0-8280-1424-8]
- Daniel, The Vision of the End [ISBN No.: 978-0-943872-41-4].