College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
The Counseling and Testing Center is an official College Level Examination Program (CLEP) test center. Testing is year round, but space is limited.
Before you register:
- Review the official Exam Day Info on the CLEP website.
- Andrews University students: Review the Credit for Prior Learning guidelines to obtain further information on CLEP exams, passing scores and Andrews University equivalents.
- Non Andrews University students: Consult the Admissions office of the college or university for which you plan to obtain CLEP credits. Obtain written permission of that school's CLEP policy!
CLEP Test Fees (2014):
Payment for CLEP is in 2 parts:
|CLEP Fee (payable via My Account)||$80.00|
|CTC Admin Fee (cash only OR charge to Andrews account)||$40.00|
Registering for CLEP:
Individual appointments are available Monday to Friday. Please complete the steps outlined below to register:
Print and fill out the AU CLEP registration form or pick up an application form at the Counseling and Testing Center.
AU students must obtain the signature of the Chair of the department to which that course belongs as well as your academic department Chair.
Go to My Account to create an account and pay the CLEP fee of $80.00. This new My Account feature enables candidates to create and manage their own personal accounts, register, prepay for CLEP exams and purchase study materials all in one place.
PRINT registration ticket to bring with you on test day. You must have your ticket with you on test day in order to test!
Call the Counseling and Testing Center at 269-471-3470 to schedule an appointment OR stop by our office in Bell Hall room 123.
On Test Day:
Bring the following:
- Completed CLEP permission application form
- CLEP registration ticket (provided when you registered via My Account)
One (1) positive form of identification. The ID must be government issued, such as a driver's license, passport or State ID (See official College Board ID requirements).
Test center CLEP administration fee of $40.00 (cash only or charged to AU account).
- Science and language subject exams: scores of 62 or higher
- All other subject exams: scores of 50 or higher
Subjects you can CLEP at Andrews University quick link
Learn more about other Andrews University options for Credit for Prior Learning here.