English Language Proficiency Exams
MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery)
Prospective test takers are required to register at the Counseling and Testing Center at least 2 weeks prior to test date.
- Print and complete the Official Identification (registration) form online or obtain one at the Counseling & Testing Center.
Submit completed registration form to the counseling & Testing Center no later than 2 weeks prior to test date. The following MUST be submitted along with the completed registration form:
- 1 original passport-sized photo
- MELAB test fee of $70.00 (effective April 1, 2013) in the form of an official bank check, postal money order or cash. Make checks payable to ANDREWS UNIVERSITY (Fees are later remitted to University of Michigan). Personal checks are not accepted.
- Bring along your official ID (passport or resident alien card) to present when you register as well as on test day
- The Counseling & Testing center submits registrants' information to MELAB 2 weeks before test day
- Counseling & Testing Center administration fee of $30.00 (CASH ONLY or charged to AU account) is paid on test day.
- TOTAL MELAB testing fee ($70.00 + $30) = $100.00 (Cash or official checks only)
- Scores are made available by the MELAB center between 6 to 8 weeks after test date.
- Need rush scores? Rush scores can be made available in 10 or 11 days after test day at an additional cost of $65.00. Rusch score fees must be paid on or before test day.
Need additional information? Visit the official MELAB site at: www.cambridgemichigan.org/melab OR contact Counseling & Testing Center at 269-471-3470
MELAB test dates for the 2013 - 2014 school year (Spring semester dates not yet available)
|June 20, 2013||Thursday|
|July 25, 2013||Thursday|
|August 15, 2013||Thursday|
|September 19, 2013 - CANCELLED||Thursday|
|October 17, 2013||Thursday|
|November 14, 2013||Thursday|
|December 5, 2013||Thursday|
Helpful Quick Links:
MELAB Registration Application: http://www.cambridgemichigan.org/exams/melab/registration
MELAB Preparation materials/Sample tests: http://www.cambridgemichigan.org/resources/melab/support-materials
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- Prospective test takers must register online http://www.ets.org/toefl
- See step-by-step registration guide
TOEFL Test dates for the 2013 - 2014 school year (Spring semester dates not yet available)
|August 16, 2013||Friday|
|September 27, 2013||Friday|
|October 25, 2013||Friday|
|November 22, 2013||Friday|
Helpful Quick Links:
Test preparation materials: Visit www.toeflgoanywhere.org for the most comprehensive test preparation resources