Select a Transcript Request Option
- Check your request status online
- Questions? Call (269) 471-3443 or email email@example.com
School of Education - Distance Learning
- Questions? Call (269) 471-3482 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
INCOMING STUDENTS: If you have questions regarding your incoming transcripts from other institutions to Andrews, please contact Enrollment Management at 269-471-6049 or email email@example.com.
Students are responsible for verifying the correct address and for printing legibly on the request form. Taking the time to verify and call businesses or academic institutions for the correct mailing address will save you time.
- Required information must be provided
- Unsigned requests will not be processed
- Financial Clearance needed to process most transcript requests
- Requests cannot be made over the phone
Please note: The Office of Academic Records reserves the right to charge for transcript requests made in excess of the allotted number allowed per month for each individual. The individual will be contacted with the cost when the allotted number is exceeded. The excess transcripts will only be processed once payment is made.
Please note: We do not inform parents on the status of transcript requests placed by their students, or any other private educational information as defined by FERPA, unless the student has provided written documentation in the form of the FERPA permission document giving permission of release of information to their parents.
- Your complete name and any former names you had while attending Andrews
- Today's date
- Social Security Number (Optional)
- Signature of the student
- Your Address
- Your phone number
- Your Andrews ID number (Helpful but not required)
- Specific term and year you were last registered (Example: Spring 1996) (Helpful)
- The number of copies requested
- The mailing address for the transcript (if different from your own): Transcripts WILL NOT be emailed to recipients, including schools or businesses.
- Type of mailing and/or processing services
- Once your request is entered online, it is immediately processed and so we are unable to change information before processing and mailing. This information includes: grades, name changes, and addresses. However, there are option boxes on the hard copy form and in the online ordering system that give you the option of asking for us to delay until grades and degrees have been processed.
- Students cannot initiate name changes through Transcript Services but must make that request through the front desk of the Office of Academic Records.
The Office of Academic Records provides the service of transcripts to Andrews University alumni and former students. We offer many options for processing. We do not process any transcript requests by phone.
If you do not indicate 24-Hour In-Office Processing AND/OR Express Mailing, your transcript request will be processed with Regular services. You MUST select these options on the form or through the online ordering system.
- Regular Processing: Free (1-5 business days)
- 24-Hour In-Office Processing: $31 Fee
- Regular Mail within the US: Free (time varies by location)
- Express Mailing within the US: Fee $19.99 (Guaranteed 1-2 business days)
- UPS International Express Mailing: Fee (price/time vary by location). UPS does not accept P.O. Boxes for delivery but requires a street address.
Log in to Vault using their Andrews username and password to order transcripts online. In order to request a transcript online, you must have an active Andrews username and password so you can access your account. To activate your account, click here.
Instructions for Placing an Online transcript Request:
1. Once you are in Vault select Registrar from the menu on the left.
2. Next, select Transcript Requests.
3. Next, Vault will give you the options. Select Enter Transcript Request. The online Transcript Request form will appear, including a summary of your financial picture, your contact information and selection fields for completing the request.
Students may check the status of their transcript request by logging into Vault by accessing the Registrar option, and then accessing Transcript Requests. This will show an option displaying the status of your request.
After filling out the request form, you may sign it digitally. You may also sign, scan and send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you may sign and fax: 269-471-6001
Creating a New Digital Signature
1. Click the Signature field
2. Select: "A new digital ID I want to create now"
3. Select: "New PKCS#12 digital ID file"
4. Fill out Name (first and last), Organization (optional), Email...
5. Leave defaults untouched for Enable Unicode support, etc.
6. Select password.
7. You will then be prompted to Finish. The signed PDF will be "Saved As" for your records.
Requests in Person
To submit a request in person, please feel free to visit the front counter of Academic Records. Students have the option of requesting a transcript for pick-up, and identification must be presented at the time of pick-up. If you have authorized a third party to pick up your transcript, this name must be indicated on the form.
Fax a completed form to 269-471-6001. The transcript request will be entered into Vault and students may check the status of their transcript request in Vault. Students may submit a request to receive unofficial transcripts by fax.
To submit a request by mail, please print out the Transcript Request form and mail the completed form to the following address:
Office of Academic Records
4150 Administration Drive
Berrien Springs, MI 49104-0800
To submit a request by email, you must email a completed, signed and scanned Transcript Request form to email@example.com.
Incorrect AddressesIf the transcript delivery address is incorrect and the transcript is undeliverable and is returned to Academic Records, you will receive notification that your request address was incorrect. You must then submit another transcript request with a corrected address.
Multiple AddressesSeparate requests must be submitted for each address that should receive a transcript.
No Confirmation EmailStudents do not receive a confirmation email after placing the transcript request online. Once your transcript is entered online, you may check the processing and mailing status through the Transcript Requests menu or call us at (269) 471-3443.
Verification of Transcript ArrivalAcademic Records does not verify if transcripts have been received by the intended recipient. It is the responsibility of the student to confirm with the intended recipient of the transcript that it has been received.
Financial Clearance RequiredAcademic Records will provide official transcripts to students only if they are financially cleared. If not financially clear, a transcript may be ordered if the transcript is for employment purposes. The online ordering system will show a red notice if you have any financial balance. This will prevent you from ordering transcripts online. Please contact Student Financial Services to inquire about or resolve financial matters.
Signature RequirementTranscript Request forms will only be processed if they are signed.
Elements of TranscriptOfficial transcripts list your Andrews ID, birthdate and your name for identification purposes. These elements cannot be removed.
Andrews Courses OnlyWe process transcripts for Andrews University courses only. We DO NOT provide transcripts received from other institutions.
The official Andrews University transcript lists only Andrews credits.
Transfer credits used towards Andrews degree requirements are not reflected on official transcripts, but the transcript will state: "Transfer credits were accepted to fulfill degree requirements. For students who graduated after the Fall of 1996, transfer credits will not be printed."
High School TranscriptsHigh school transcripts are processed by Admissions. Please consult Admissions if you have questions regarding your high school transcripts.