The names of students are bolded
- McBride, D.C., Hopkins, G., Baltazar, A.M., VanderWaal, C.J. & Conopio, K.D.* (2013, November). Family Dinners and Substance Use and Sexual Activity in a Prohibitionist University Population. Presented at the American Public Health Association Annual Conference, Boston, MA.
- Baltazar, A.M., VanderWaal, C.J. & Conopio, K.D. (2013, November). Adventist College Student Perceptions of Health Risk Behaviors. Presented at the 2nd Annual Human Subjects Research Conference, Summit on Nurture and Retention, Sponsored by the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, Silver Spring, MD. http://www.adventistarchives.org/perceptions-of-health-behaviors-by-seventh-%C2%AD%E2%80%90day-adventist-undergraduate-students.pdf
- Diaconu, M., Racovita-Szilagyi, D. L., Jones, A.M., & Manley, L. (2010). The influence of perception in regard to domestic and intimate partner abuse within the context of cultural diversity: A case study. International Conference on Diversity in Organizations, Communities and Nations, July 19-21, Belfast, Ireland – oral paper presentation.
- VanderWaal, C. J., Hernandez, Edwin I., Sedlacek, D., & Sandman, Alix (2010). Clergy involvement in congregants’ substance abuse problems and treatment referrals. Addiction Health Services Research Conference (October 25-27, 2010) – poster presentation.
- Diaconu, M, Pittman, S. & Nawrotzki, R.(2009, July). Exploring climate induced human migration in the least developed countries. Presented at the International Consortium for Social Development Symposium, Monterrey, Mexico.
- Jones, A. & Kampa, B. (2008, October). Infusing Domestic Violence Content into HBSE Courses, Utilizing a Unit Study Approach. Poster session presented at the Council on Social Work Education Annual Program Meeting, Philadelphia, PA.
- Royo, D., Elliott, T., Nelson, K., & VanderWaal, C.J. (2009, March). Social services in Seventh-day Adventist congregations: Integrating the Unruh and Sider framework. Presented at the Adventist Association of International Social Work Conference, Huntsville, AL.
- VanderWaal, C.J., Hernandez, E.I., Trecartin, S., Diaconu, M., & Carlson, N. (2008, June). The DeVos Urban Leadership Initiative: Evaluation of a Youth Ministry Training Program. Presented at the White House Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives: Innovations in Effective Compassion Conference, Washington, D.C. Available at: http://innovationincompassion.hhs.gov/documents/DeVosUrban_CJV.PDF
- VanderWaal, C.J., & Royo, D. (2008, October). Teaching Critical Thinking to Combat Political Spin and Sloppy Research. Presented at the Council on Social Work Education Annual Program Meeting, Philadelphia, PA.
- VanderWaal, C.J. & Royo, D. (2008, November). Teaching Critical Thinking to Combat Political Spin and Sloppy Research. Presented at the Council on Social Work Education Annual Program Meeting, Philadelphia, PA.
- Wrenn, J. & Racovita, L. (2008, October). Critical Thinking: Feature Films as a Tool in Social Work Education. Presented at the Council on Social Work Education Annual Program Meeting, Philadelphia, PA.