A Gathered and Growing Community
As part of earning an Andrews University degree, undergraduate students are expected to engage in out-of-class learning. This complements classroom education and allows students to document valuable experiences that can be shared with graduate schools and prospective employers.
Learning Outcomes. Co-curricular learning targets individual and campus community outcomes in four areas.
- A Healthy U focuses on physical fitness, sustainable nutrition and personal wellbeing.
- A Successful U focuses on academic skills, creative capacities and career readiness.
- A Committed U focuses on faith development, spiritual support and Christian influence.
- A Better U focuses on cultural competence, service orientation and leadership development.
Together with the academic curriculum, these programs deliver the whole-person education at the heart of Andrews University's mission.
|Click here to|
Click here to
Co-Curricular Chapels, Choices and Changes
Four types of co-curricular programs are offered:
Tuesday and Thursday Choices meet each week during the 11:30 a.m. to 12:20 p.m. co-curricular period (no undergraduate classes meet during this time).
- Tuesday Choices offer a variety of programs, including Departmental Assemblies, University Workshops, Heritage Celebrations and AUSA Forums.
- Thursday Chapels gather the University community in Pioneer Memorial Church to hear a variety of inspirational speakers.
- Residence Hall Choices occur throughout the week in the residence halls.
- Other Campus Choices include Friday Vespers, Student Concerts and Recitals, Student Gallery Openings and educational programs planned by student organizations and campus departments.
- Changes. Co-curricular credit is given to students who reflect on their involvement in a student organization, volunteer agency, campus ministry, workplace or local church. One credit is given for each hour of involvement, for a maximum of 7–10 hours per semester. A Learning Reflection must be completed in order to receive credit. Please contact Student Life for more information.