t-DPT Admissions Requirements
The minimum requirements to be considered for admission are:
- Licensed Physical Therapist - to be eligible for this program you need to be a licensed physical therapist in the U.S.. or Canada
- Application Materials - the Graduate School application needs to be completed along with related materials required for the Post Professional PT program. Fill out the application online at www.andrews.edu/apply/.
- Recommendations – a minimum of three satisfactory recommendations must be turned in: one from a currently practicing physical therapist, one from a medical doctor, and one from another person familiar with the candidate.
- Portfolio –If you hold a master’s degree or are a DPT trained clinician, you need to submit your portfolio. This has vital information related to your acceptance as well as determination for competency credits. An updated resume needs to be submitted; include information on all post graduate continue education courses, clearly state the number of contact hours and including copies of course certificates if possible. Specialty certification should be listed and copies of the certificates included as well.
- PTET – If your highest earned degree is at the bachelor’s level you must submit the results of the Physical Therapist Evaluation Tool (PTET) to allow us to evaluate your competency towards a master’s degree. For information on obtaining the PTET please visit the APTA. Your portfolio requirement for our degrees will be fulfilled with the PTET.
- Information Request - call 1-800-827-2878, 22 for an information for the t-DPT program or complete the contact information page to request materials to be sent, specifying your interest in the t-DPT program.