MPH Nutrition and Wellness
Delivery: This program is offered in an interactive online format (see School of Distance Education Definitions). The interactive online degree does not require any on-campus time.
This new program is the first and only online MPH program in Nutrition and Wellness offered in the country. Offered at a 50% tuition discount, this program will prepare health professionals for service in the community and church by building knowledge and skills necessary to enhance the health of human populations and promote a healthy lifestyle through personal and community efforts.
MPH Brochure Click here
In addition to the Graduate Academic Requirements for graduate degrees the following departmental requirements should be noted:
- A minimum of 42 semester credits
- Public Health Core - 18 Credits
- Concentration in Nutrition and Wellness - 12 Credits
- Practicum - 8 Credits
- Research - 4 Credits
Public Health Core 18 Credits
- PBHL 511 - Biostatistics Credits: 3
- PBHL 521 - Principles of Epidemiology Credits: 3
- PBHL 525 - Principles of Environmental Health Credits: 3
- PBHL 531 - Principles of Health Behavior Credits: 3
- PBHL 535 - Principles of Health Administration Credits: 3
- PBHL 575 - Integrated Public Health Capstone Credits: 3
Concentration in Nutrition and Wellness 12 Credits
- FDNT 545 - Nutrition and Wellness Programs Credits: 3
- FDNT 565 - Current Issues in Nutrition and Wellness Credits: 3
- FDNT 520 - Vegetarian Nutrition and Disease Prevention Credits: 3
- FTES 510 - Fitness and Health Promotion Credits: 3
- Practicum 8 Credits
Select one track to fulfill practicum requirement:
- PBHL 580 - Field Practicum Credits: 4
- FDNT 698 - Research Project Credits:4
- FDNT 594 - Dietetic Internship 4 + 4 credits
The student must take the Dietetic Internship for two consecutive semesters.
Only the student who has taken the full set of undergraduate courses in an accredited Dietetics program (DP) and who possesses a verification statement from the DP director of that program is eligible to pursue track 2 option.
This option is only available for students who are planning to become a Registered Dietitian (RD).
Research 4 Credits
- FDNT 560 - Health Research Methods Credits: 2
- FDNT 680 - Research Seminar Credits: 1 + 1
Student must register for FDNT 680 for two semesters, with a minimum of one credit each semester.
Includes a written comprehensive exam, professional portfolio, and an exit interview with the department chairman at the conclusion of program.
To be eligible for admission to the MPH program, you must have completed a bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale). A limited number of students whose background and experience show potential for success but whose GPAs are less than 3.0 will be admitted on a provisional basis.
- College-level writing course
- Physiology course
- Two nutrition courses
- Chemistry course
Total Credits: 42
Cost Per Credit: $482 for Academic Year 2013-2014