The following are the strategic plans for the department from 2009-2014
- Acquire more space for clinical and educational needs.
- Obtain adminstrative support for a master's program.
- Hire faculty and staff to support both clinical and educational needs.
- Fulfill the mission statement of the department to prepare students for employment.
- Provide a terminal degree for speech-language pathology.
- Become a professional program within the college of arts and sciences.
- Provide outstanding clinical services to the community and university.
- Provide collaboration with other area speech-language pathologist and audiologists.
- Develop research opportunities for students and faculty.
- Obtain necessary equipment to adequately support both clinical and education needs.
- Encourage and support faculty to obtain doctoral degrees in their area of expertise.
- Encourage and support a bi-lingual undergraduate degree.