DINING SERVICES - Dishroom Leader
Hourly Full-time (35-40)
Responsible for the daily execution of procedures in the Dish room. Supervise the student labor team and staff to maintain cleanliness standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in the full position description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Have a thorough working knowledge of the dish machine, 3 compartment sink, conveyor system, and the trough waste removal system.
- Maintain the cleanliness and safety of the dish room with particular emphasis on clean and dry floors, clean and dry mats, clean wall, well maintained and clean equipment.
- Maintain the inventory of cleaning supplies needed to operate the dish room and the equipment therein.
- Maintain and clean daily the trash cart.
- Daily maintenance and cleaning of the dish machine.
- Weekly delime of the dish machine and all internal components.
- Maintain a close count of the inventory of cups, plates, mugs, bowls, and utensils used in the Terrace Café.
- Ensure the cleaned dishes and utensils are delivered and well organized in the kitchen. Work with the culinary staff to make adjustments as needed.
- Supervise and work alongside the student and non-student staff to perform daily duties.
- Work closely with the culinary and Front of House leaders to ensure proper sanitation and cleaning is maintained daily. Have knowledge of the laws governing the role including: food safety, job place safety, MSDS and chemical handling.
- Do other work as requested by supervisor and be able to close down the Terrace Café and lock the building once tasks are complete
- Cooperate with supervisor in adjusting job duties as circumstances require.
This job requires the supervision of student workers and full time/ part time staff.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability speaks, read, and write in English. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small groups situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee comes in contact with the standard Food Service equipment but not limited to the following: freezers, refrigerators, storage area, slicers, grills and cooking kettles. Exposed to extreme heat in cooking environments and extreme cold in freezers and coolers. Moves equipment inside and outside in all weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Personnel in the Food Service Industry must be able to stand for long hours. Peaks of high production are demanded both daily and seasonally, depending on job location.