CHILDRENS LEARNING CENTER - Administrative Assistant
Hourly Full-time (35-40)
Reposnsible for all day to day office procedures of The Crayon Box Children's Learning Center which provides care to over 100 children ages 2 weeks - 12 years. Serve as assistant to the director and provide administrative support to teachers of The Crayon Box. Represent the center to the parents and work closely with the families to oversee their children's schedules and financial accounts. Process administrative and financial paperwork with accuracy. Various other duties as required.
- A bachelor's degree is preferred
- At least one-year office experience
- Ability to work independently with accuracy.
- Strong business math and computer skills is required.
- Good social skills required
- Ability to read, analyze reports, engage in business correspondence, etc. is required.
- Keep regular office hours and be in charge of office environment.
- Process administrative and financial paperwork including children's schedules, family accounts, deposits, budgets and financial reporting to the state of Michigan.
Duties and responsibilities
Responsibilities are as follow but not limited to:
- Assists the Director by analyzing and organizing office and center's operations and procedures such as staff, and children's schedules
- Bookkeeping (children's accounts - billing/payments)
- Tours for prospective families and enrollments (when Director is not available) and other office jobs as assigned
- Greeting parents, stepping in to the classroom when needed, and scheduling changes, adjusting accounts, deposits
- Help with state forms/reports
- Orders meals from cafeteria and coordinates food delievery from Apple Valley.
Responsible for Program's supervision when Director is not available.
Minimum qualifications include 18 years of age and a high school diploma. A bachelor's degree is preferred. At least one-year office experience. In addition, coursework or experience in office management, financial record-keeping and computer software. Must have demonstrated the ability to work with the public, organize and manage materials, schedules, supplies and people. Must be dependable, punctual, and be able to work independently and with accuracy.
Involves extensive contact with others. Must possess good communication, negotiation, and listening skills. Able to handle families and children from various backgrounds. Have excellent phone skills and be able to diffuse client's concerns. Most love children.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must push lunch cart to the cafeteria and back daily in various weather conditions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
The Administrative Assistant must be able to handle prescribed daily tasks while accommodating constant interruptions. Open office design allows noise to be a disturbing factor. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Work space is well-lit, but computer work may cause eye or wrist strain with prolonged activity.