OISI - SED Website Coordinator
The School of Education is in need of a student worker to monitor and make occasional changes to its main website page. We also need someone to work closely with IMC and monitor/create a facebook account and post content to it as well. We are looking for someone that is creative and a self-starter / independent worker.
Familiar with facebook and twitter as well as other technology
Familiar working with a camera and posting content
Familiar with creating/ updating website content
willingness to work with IMC/Campus wide guidelines for posting content
Independent worker and good work ethic
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with The Content Management System /IMC (CMS is the web management system.
- For the SED Main Website Page:
- Change the color boxed tabs at least once a month.
- Change the photos circulating at the top at least once a month
- Check the Andrews Agenda every Friday and possibly schedule an hour on Friday to update the SED website accordingly.
- Post any upcoming Doctoral Defenses scheduled on the website.
- Check in with the Dean of SED once a week for any concerns/postings
- Check with the Deans Secretary once a month or so about any SED happenings.
- Check other Universities websites to see if you are staying within the “cutting edge” of your competitors.
- Marketing related issues:
- Print ads – scheduling and coordinating with IMC
- Website Ideas and visions for marketing to future SED students
- Maintain Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Check the Facebook pages of: Andrews University, Leadership, Teaching, Learning & Curriculum, and Graduate Psychology & Counseling and re-share appropriate information related to SED.
- Go through Instagram, twitter, and Facebook at least twice a week. Having Good Business/ common sense
Good Business sense, Good computer skills, familiar with facebook, twitter and instagram. Familiar with Website creation and maintenance. A good eye for a well designed website. Organized and dedicated - forward thinker
familiar with word and excel, working a digital camera and uploading
Many times this work is done remotely - or wherever you can sit with a computer - it is better if you have a laptop of your own available to do most of the computer work.