OISI - SED Website Coordinator
The School of Education is in need of a graduate assistant to monitor and make occasional changes to its main website page. We also need someone to work closely with IMC and monitor it's facebook account and post content to it as well. We are looking for someone that is creative and a self-starter / independent worker.
Familiar with facebook and twitter as well as other technology
Familiar with creating/ updating website content
Familiar with IMC/Campus wide guidelines for posting content
Independent worker and good work ethic
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with The Content Management System /IMC (CMS is the web management system.
- For the SED Main Website Page:
- Change the color boxed tabs at least once a month.
- Change the photos circulating at the top at least once a month
- Check the Andrews Agenda every Friday and possibly schedule an hour on Friday to update the SED website accordingly.
- Post any upcoming Doctoral Defenses scheduled on the website.
- Check in with the Dean of SED once a week for any concerns/postings
- Check with the Deans Secretary once a month or so about any SED happenings.
- Check other Universities websites to see if you are staying within the “cutting edge” of your competitors.
- Marketing related issues:
- Print ads – scheduling and coordinating with IMC
- Website Ideas and visions for marketing to future SED students
- Maintain Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Check the Facebook pages of: Andrews University, Leadership, Teaching, Learning & Curriculum, and Graduate Psychology & Counseling and re-share appropriate information related to SED.
- Go through Instagram, twitter, and Facebook at least twice a week. Having Good Business/ common sense
Good Business sense, Good computer skills, familiar with facebook, twitter and instagram. Familiar with Website creation and maintenance. A good eye for a well designed website. Organized and dedicated
Many times this work is done remotely - or wherever you can sit with a computer - it is better if you have a laptop of your own available to do most of the computer work.