DEANS OFFICE-ARTS AND SCIENCES - Communication Specialist
Write short person-interest stories including photos/video, brief articles highlighting goings on in the six STEM departments, capture photos & video of weekly happenings, and communicate with the public about the exciting things STEM students/faculty are doing at Andrews University.
- Self-sufficient worker who meets deadlines
- Put in about five hours a week- work in the office Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Weekly photos with brief description submitted & uploaded
· Student at Andrews University
· Experience with photography, writing and publishing articles preferred
· Experience with video and posting media online
· Preferred Communication, English, or Photojournalist majors
· Experience creating a photo newsletter
Duties and responsibilities
Write at least two short article per week including photos/video. Interview faculty/student participants to include quotes. Take photos and video clips. Post the media with info and/or get them to those on campus who can publish it. Create a photo newsletter, print, and send to constituents. Other tasks may be assigned as needed.
Experience with photography
Experience with social media, computers
Resume with references please
Most be able to get around campus well to various departments to take photos/video.
Various STEM departments- science labs, office work