Print this Posting
STUDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES - Production/Tracking Specialist
Hourly Full-time (35-40)
Responsible for tracking incoming documents to prepare files for verification and award. Oversees filing system including making folders, scanning, cataloging and storage. Handles incoming mail and returned mail as well as mass mailings (award letters, tracking requirements, address changes). Maintains defaulted loans records, process Canadian loans forms and other related responsibilities.
Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Good customer services skills. Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills. Good computer skills. Reliability.
Duties and responsibilities
- Track in all incoming packaging requirements and other items (refund requests, etc.)
- Prepare files for verification and award. Student must have essential FAFSA data, financial aid documents, current admission status.
- Know federal guidelines for tax documentation, filing status, income documentation (W-2,1099 Forms), definition of household, citizenship status, and Selective Service registration requirements.
- Loan entrance and exit counseling (run batch process, access records, answer borrower questions)
- Contact students and/or parents about missing requirements: personal e-mails, calls, document request cards, tracking letters.
- Oversee filing system: help oversee scanning and cataloging, directly oversee files, training, overseeing workers who do filing and scanning of packaging requirements, storage of old files, purging (yearly and ongoing), making folders, maintaining no-folder section.
- Maintain default records, enter holds
- Review transcript requests for defaulted borrowers
- Process Canadian loan forms
- Add tracking requirement for loan exit counseling; notify graduating students of requirement
- Transfer Monitoring via NSLDS / EdConnect for students transferring during school year
- Gather documentation for audits, including loan and enrollment histories from NSLDS
- Sub for financial advisors if necessary, particularly for prospective student visits
- Receive and process mail
Some supervisory skills needed. Supervises student workers in filing system (new and old) and scanning documents.
Good Customer service. This person is required to serve people each work day. Must be professional in handling communication with students, parents and internal customers.
Detail Oriented. Excellent organizational skills. Self-Motivated and reliable.
Good computer skills. This position requires the use of Banner Ellucian and Microsoft suite software.
Good writing skills.
Preferred Banner experience. Must have computer skills, Word, Excel.
Must work well with others, this is very much a team based work environment.
Must have the ability to quickly understand and follow directions, particularly in time sensitive situations.
Sitting, standing, walking. Long periods of computer usage.
The work environment is an open office plan with modular office cubicles. The temperature is set for comfort as well as alertness. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.