Print this Posting
AIRPARK OPERATIONS - Lineperson/Dispatcher
The student lineman job involves assisting with the flight operations of Andrews University. The student lineman will be responsible for certain dispatch and ground operations tasks that improve the safety and efficiency of flight operations. The student lineman will be asked to work both in and out of buildings in all seasonal weather. The student lineman may also assist the Director of Maintenance and to assist with Aviation Department functions.
FAA Pilots License
Duties and responsibilities
- Cleaning, fueling, servicing, moving, and securing flight school aircraft.
- Assisting non-Department customers with fueling, moving, and securing aircraft.
- Inspecting Department fueling facility as required.
- Cleaning the aircraft hangar facility.
- Assisting Department flight instructors with ground tasks related to flight operations.
- Dispatching and receiving aircraft keys during business hours.
- Assisting Chief Flight Instructor in ground operations.
- Assisting Director of Maintenance in aircraft/vehicle maintenance operations.
- Assisting with aircraft cleaning responsibilities.
- Assisting Aviation Department faculty in classroom preparation.
- Assisting with Aviation Department functions, parties, and other duties as required.
- FAA Pilots License
- Must be an Andrews University student (preference for full time aviation students) and must be eligible for employment in United States.
- Must have a trainable attitude and be committed to aviation safety.
- Must have good attitude towards and willingness to assist non-Department customers.
- Must be able to read, speak, write and understand English language.
- Must be able to work up to 20 hours a week including Sundays.
- Must be able to comply with all Andrews University Flight Operations procedures.
- Must be punctual, and able to travel to the Andrews University airport in all types of weather.
- Must be able to perform basic computer functions.
- Have good interpersonal/human relations skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to approach problems/decisions analytically
- Ability to reason logically and methodically
- Ability to perform under stressful circumstances
- Attentiveness to detail
- Must be willing and able to wear safety gear, and must have appropriate work clothes.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds.
- Must be willing and physically able to work in extreme cold, snow, rain or heat depending on season.
- Be able to work inside and outside, and in an aircraft in all weather conditions.